The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Spamming Through Geni?

Started by Barbara Jean Shepard on Thursday, December 2, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• bbbaby11kiss
    Geni member
  • regina ellio
    Geni member
  • lillian mulbah
    Geni member
Showing all 11 posts
12/2/2010 at 1:21 PM

Barbara,

We have some controls in place to make it difficult for a spammer to send bulk messages to Geni users who are outside their privacy circle, however we wouldn't be able to stop someone from sending a small number of messages, or just one, to another Geni user -- if we did that, it'd be impossible for two Geni users to connect with each other at all. Rest assured that our customer service team will deal with this person, and that he/she cannot use Geni to access your private information, such as your email address.

Private User
12/2/2010 at 6:08 PM

That user has already been removed from the site.

Private User
1/9/2011 at 5:49 AM

The latest one found me through Adolf Hitler's profile...nice...*rolls eyes*

Hello
MY name is Regina and i am seeking compatible partner for relationships but tolerance, kind, honest and sincere man. That want to love and be loved.that is exactly what i want a man that can make me happy in life and i will be able to love and respect him in return. therefore i'm sincerely seek for that special someone who will make my life completed as a woman just like i said earlier, please simple writ me back so that we could konw better, while longing to get your reply, regina_elliot@yahoo.com

This is her profile: regina ellio

Private User
1/9/2011 at 12:12 PM

Thanks, Regina has also been removed.

Private User
1/11/2011 at 2:44 AM

Thanks, Ashiya!

Here's another one:
lillian mulbah
Photo_silhouette_f_small
lillian mulbah
Today at 2:41 AM

Hello dear,
How are you today,i hope you are fine,I am lilian,single girl ,I saw your profile on(www.geni.com),and became interested in you,please contact me on my email
'(misslillianlove25@yahoo.in) I have something important to tell you Hope to hear from you soon Cheers
lilian
Transparent Adolfus Jacob* Hitler

Private User
1/12/2011 at 3:33 PM

No problem :)

I removed that other one as well.

1/12/2011 at 4:39 PM

Wow...some people will go to extreems to spam. Glad it is rare.

Private User
1/18/2011 at 12:49 AM

Private User

we have another new one
bbbaby11kiss

thanks

:-)

Private User
1/18/2011 at 1:34 AM

Thanks Ofir...not only are people getting spammed, but their collaborators or followers are having to see post after post of this nonsense.

Private User
1/18/2011 at 6:03 AM

that's strange since this user changed his account name?

Private User
1/18/2011 at 9:24 AM

thanks. that person has been removed.

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion