FAQ

Started by George Arthur Weinstock on Thursday, December 2, 2010

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
12/2/2010 at 9:36 AM

How do I find FAQ? Is it hidden someplace?

I have an uncle that married a second time and his new wife comes with her own son - yet I can not get that shown - it continues to show this son as both of theirs and he is not - he is her son only. When I click Move This Person - your instructions say to drag Node (what is a node?) to second person to whom he or she is related. What exactly does that mean? Then, when I want to exit the node (since it doesn't work) and click X it says REMOVE or CANCEL. I click CANCEL and it doesn't.

HELP

12/2/2010 at 9:41 AM

George, there is a link to the FAQ at the footer of every page. Just look for "help" down at the bottom. You can also check out our user guide here:

http://wiki.geni.com

To fix your issue, edit the Uncle's profile and look for the relationships tab. You will see a place to change his parents to his mother and unknown.

12/2/2010 at 10:07 AM

Uncle Jack marries Elaine (his second wife) Elaine's son is Eric. The tree shows a line between Jack & Elaine (as it should) and off that line is a down line to Eric. Eric is not their son - Eric is Elaine's son.

I did what you said but there is no place (under RELATIONSHIPS to change Eric's parents. There is no way to type in MOTHER and UNKNOWN.

What am I missing here?

12/3/2010 at 4:39 PM

I meant the relationships tab on Eric's profile. Assuming you have permission to edit Eric's profile, click the edit link on his node in the tree. Then click the relationships tab. You'll see a dropdown menu you can use to select the appropriate parents.

Private User
12/21/2010 at 1:05 PM

I recently got jpg files from a user who had made screen shots for her family learning to use Geni.

- Should I upload them to this Project? I guess I'd have to convert to PDF's first.

- Is there someone who could organize them, perhaps add captions or links to further detail? I am not particularly good at this kind of A/V work, but the screen shots are a nice start.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion