The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Boone - Carson

Started by Douglas Whitlock on Friday, December 3, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
12/3/2010 at 11:27 AM

Is this group aware that Kit Carson's 1/2 brother, William Carson 1786-1853 was married to two of Daniel Boone's grand neices, Mildred Boone and Cassandra Boone. They were the daughters of William Linville Boone 1768-1847 and grand daughters of George Boone 1739-1820, brother of Daniel. Kit Carson's father Lindsey Carson was an associate of Daniel Boone in KY and later Missouri. I'm a Carson descendant not directly related to the Boones. D Whitlock

1/11/2011 at 4:27 PM

Interesting to know! The Geni profile for William Carson lists him married to "Matilda" and Cassandra -- is that an error? (I did find a Mildred Boone, but that's his granddaughter)

1/11/2011 at 4:32 PM

Correction: I found a Cassandra Boone that is Daniel Sr's granddaughter, not a Mildred.

1/12/2011 at 5:37 PM

I'm pretty sure about the information. It came from a book by Quantrille McClung called the Carson, Bent, Boggs Genealogies (supplement). The only thing I'm a little uncertain about is the name Mildred. She is listed as Milly in the book. There is also a genealogy out there that lists Kit's great grandmother as an Agnes Boone, but I beleive this to be a stretch.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion