@Birth Order & Where Born

Started by Alice Warnier on Monday, December 6, 2010

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
Alice Warnier
12/6/2010 at 9:40 PM

Just starting my tree and I find several problems. Firstly, the birth orde will not take. My g-gfather was the 12th born yet each time I enter it it will not save.
Secondly, when he was born in the 1800s the name of where he was born was Cheshire later changed to Lancashire. Yet the system wants to make it something else. Why can I not override the system?

12/8/2010 at 4:06 AM

Alice,
I have NOT seen the issue regarding Birth Order that you mention.

Regarding place-names, the "override" you are seeing, is the system trying to be helpful by suggesting modern place-names. You CAN work-around this very easily. Directly below the box to enter a place name, you should see a link that says "Edit Location Details". If you press that, several additional fields are shown. Enter the place there.

Private User
12/8/2010 at 5:50 AM

As I've said before, that place-names feature is awkward. It ought to be revamped or the "to edit" popup should say "to override..."

Alice Warnier
12/8/2010 at 9:04 AM

Please cancel my site and do NOT use my Visa. I do not want to keep this site. Too many problems.

Alice Warnier
12/8/2010 at 9:12 AM

Cancel my account. I do not want to continue from the free trial to a one year account. Do NOT use my Visa. I cannot find a place where to cancel my account so have to do it this way.

12/8/2010 at 10:33 AM

Alice, you may cancel your Pro trial here: https://www.geni.com/account_settings/premium_account_edit

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion