• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
12/8/2010 at 2:33 AM

Hi all,

It has been pointed out yesterday that there is no manager for the French language.
I'd like to know more on this function and I've not found any information on the translationtools help : what can a manager do more than a translator, what are his responsabilities, ... ?

Eventually, that could interest me to become the manager of the French language.

Thanks.

Private User
12/8/2010 at 3:40 AM

Bonjour Cédric and welcome to the project. Private User was able to help me become a manager, so perhaps he can point you in the right direction. Bonne chance!

Private User
12/8/2010 at 12:08 PM

Done. I'm surprised no one cared much for French.

Private User
12/8/2010 at 12:09 PM

No rules set up what-so-ever, ex. {actors} a/ont répondu(s) à la discussion publique {topic}.

Private User
12/8/2010 at 2:45 PM

Thanks a lot Victar.

Private User
12/8/2010 at 3:18 PM

I also set some rules up for you, to give you an example.

Private User
12/8/2010 at 3:19 PM

Great, Cédric, if you want some help setting up the rules, you can ask any of us here. I'm happy to help and Private User has been extremely helpful to me too!

1/11/2011 at 11:33 PM

Bonjour, Cédric. I don't know if you are interested in being involved in Geni beyond translating, but we really need much help with merging and historical profile building in the French tree from the moyen age. We have no native French curators, and if you would like to get involved with some of the French projects and do some merging and historical profile development (researching and writing the biographical statements and adding documentation and references), that would be a terrific place to start.

Victar is also involved with many of the medieval projects, so either one of us can help you, as well as other curators. Once you become active in a project and in merging, then you will be a good candidate to be a curator down the road.

I see that you are a Pro member, so that already gives you many merging privileges.

To locate some of the projects, go to http://www.geni.com/projects and there you will find many existing projects that are France-based. Examples range from royalty (e.g. Capetians) to regions (Rulers of Provence) to comtes & ducs (Vermandois, Bourgogne, Normandie, Bourbon, Aquitaine, Toulouse, etc.).

Please let me know if you have questions and if you are interested. Thanks!

Pam

Private User
1/12/2011 at 3:03 PM

Hi, Pamela

Thanks for your proposal. It sounds interesting and could really interest me, but unfortunately I did not have much time to devote to Geni.
I could occasionally help you in your task, for example if you are looking for specific information or if you want to translate a document, but I can not spend too much time.

Cédric

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion