my family

Started by julie archer on Thursday, December 9, 2010

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
12/9/2010 at 8:36 AM

would any body know of the archer family of seinton or bulwel nottinghamshire england and the eagle family of hucknall nottinghamshire they were my parents my father s name were kennrth owen archer born in 1931 and died in 1992 and my mothers name were brenda eagle born in 1935 and died in 2008 both in nottinghamshire england if any one out there that might know of my family please let me know i would most greatfull for any help in this matter so please do contact and let me know if you have any information on the archer and eagle family my parents and there family of nottinghamshire england thankyou

9/30/2011 at 4:39 AM

Hi Julie,

Just stumbled across this site, not really a member as such, but my maternal grandmothers' family are Archers and live in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.

Not sure if there is a connection but my full tree is on Ancestry so drop me a line and we'll see if we can make a connection.

Regards
Kate

10/1/2011 at 10:41 AM

@ julie archer thanks kate for replying to my message yes try to trace my family tree not not sure if we are related but my my dad side og the family comes from nottingham england also as far as i know a thomas archer married a gladlys brierley in the 1920s and thats as far back i can go my fathers name was kenneth owen archer born in 1931 and died in may 1992 nottingham had a brother born 2 years later his name is reginald archer both brothers got married my dad kenneth owen archer married my mum brenda eagle of hucknall in 1957 at the st marys church in hucknall my mum and dad had me julie i was born in 1958 and my brother robert was born in 1962 my dad was a miner worked at calverton pit linby pit and hucknall bottom pit my mum father was named reginald eagle born 1907 died 1992 or later married ruth tomlinson and thts as far as i can go back on my mum side also my mum had 1 sister dorothy whos still a live and 3 brothers reginald named after his father but liked to called harry who still a live edwin and now passed and trence still a live my mum brenda was born in 1935 and died in 2008 all my mums sibling had children and my dads brother had children if you think we could be related that be nice i thought i give as much information as possible in cause some one you might know might know my family in some way ps if you wish to contact me my email is juliecats @hotmail .co.uk take care speak soon love julie

10/2/2011 at 5:01 AM

Thank you for the information Julie.

My Archer lot originally came from Lincolshire and moved to Worksop so as you see I'm not entirely certain there is a connection but I'll see what I can dig up for you.

The first Thomas in my tree was born in Lincolnshire in 1744 - they did go in for big families in those days so it is possible a branch ended up in Nottingham. There were quite a few Thomas's in the Archer family !

I'm afraid I can't help at all with the Eagle side of your family, sorry.

My email address is; kate@thorlbycoy222.fsnet.co.uk

Hopefully I'll be in touch again soon.

Best regards
Kate

10/24/2011 at 1:13 AM

Hi Julie,

I've tried to find some information for you but I am struggling ! I think the only way forward is to find out who Thomas Archer's parents were. The best way to do that is by his marriage certificate, then birth certificate. As there were a lot of births with that name I would start with the marriage. It should give his age (possibly his birth), and you can work back from that.

I have found his marriage to Gladys Brierley in the 4th quarter of 1921 and I suggest you obtain a copy of the certificate. On that will be the Fathers' names' of both Thomas and Gladys.

Once you have the parents' names' it SHOULD be easier to get back and find the connection (if there is one).

The details for the certificate are :

Type of Cert - Marriage
Name - Thomas Archer
Spouse name - Gladys Brierley
Date of Registration - Oct/Nov/Dec 1921
District of Reg - Nottingham
Volume - 7b
Page - 702

I think certificates are about £9.00, but it will give you quite a bit of information to help you get further back in time. I do feel if there is a connection that it will be in the early 1800s'.

If I do find out any more I will certainly be in touch. Good luck, let me know how you get on.

Best wishes
Kate

12/17/2011 at 2:08 PM

@ thanks kate for trying to help with my family tracing im just looking who im related to through my family tree its harder then it looks when you have not got much information to go with well take speak soon love julie

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion