merging his wife & daughter...

Started by Christopher Ross Jenkins on Monday, December 13, 2010

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
12/13/2010 at 2:07 PM

im at a loss as to how to merge without geni suggesting it....

Mary "Polly" Izard is the same as Mary Izard... and Isabella Johannes Middleton Huger has 2 profiles as well...

i would like to merge the profile in my tree into the MPs, any help would be great

thanks!

chris.

Private User
12/13/2010 at 2:44 PM

Hi Chris,

In tree view, drag and drop the profiles you think are the same on top of the MP profiles. That will generate a "merge request" that goes out for approval to the co-managers "merge centers."

If there is no response after a day or two, post back here or to the curator's attention.

12/13/2010 at 3:14 PM

thanks! i hadnt realized that was a way to merge, id been using the sideways tree & direct ancestor mode in the standard tree view...

also the birthdates for the Mary Izard profiles were way different, but im pretty sure the one i have in my tree is more correct... the MP birthdate has her being 17 years Arthur Middleton's senior...

thanks for the tip tho! makes alot more sense now...

Private User
12/13/2010 at 3:16 PM

Be sure and include source information, including a website URL if you have it, that backs up your belief of "more correct" dates.

This is the way the tree gets better -- with your help like this.

12/13/2010 at 3:28 PM

cool, yeh, the exact date i have is unfortunately from just a rootweb source (altho ive found it to be pretty reliable).. the year is actually confirmed by the middleton place website... ill put both links into her profile :)

Private User
12/13/2010 at 3:43 PM

Chris, Welcome to Geni. I completed that merge for you. But there is conflicting data to be resolved.

Go to a profile in that area and click More Actions. Under that, click View Nearby Merge Issues. Look at Tree Conflicts and Data Conflicts.

Good luck!

Private User
12/13/2010 at 3:46 PM

The Middleton Place website should be good: it's their family. :) Rootsweb depends on the source data they site.

I heard that the Middleton papers have been donated to a library in Charleston and a whole room built out to preserve that data. I think I put in the library URL in one of the profiles there.

12/13/2010 at 4:08 PM

@ david, thanks.. seems tho that the MP for mary izard has her grandfather as her father... they are both walter izard... any suggestions on how to fix this? should i go through with the merge and then change the birth/death dates & reassign parents?

@ erica.. one of these days im just going to have to go spend some time in charleston and get alot of good source info.. hardly a old charles towne family i DONT descend from lol i guess thats just how it was back in the day...

Private User
12/13/2010 at 5:18 PM

OK looks like I'll have to work on the Mary "Polly" Izard family for ya. Can you get it sourced it out and I'll start some merges?

I heard the library Middleton Room is awesome. Brand new, climate controlled, primary documents ....

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion