Poor misplaced Jacques Des Marets, please help him get home.

Started by Michael Bonter on Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
12/15/2010 at 1:15 PM

Dear Matthew, and Curators

I am contacting you about this profile: Jacques Des Marets, Sr.
It appears that some how this profile has been placed in the wrong generation of the tree. He is valid, just not here.
Could you please move him and his down line up the tree where he belongs? There are curators who can help you do this, if you are not sure how.
The line should be as follows:
Jacques Des Marets, born Abt. 1480 in of Cambray, France. He was the son of Jean Des Marets and Catherine Gerardel.
Children of Jacques Des Marets are:
1.Jean Des Marets, born Abt. 1518 in of Cambray, France.
2. Jacques Des Marets, born Abt. 1519 in Cauroy, Cambray, Calais, France; died 1604 in Norwich, Norfolk, Eng; married Antoinette Hede Suceur Abt. 1554 in Cambray, Nord, France.
Antoinette Hede Suceur, born Abt. 1523 in Cauroy, Cambray, Calais, France; died Abt. 1604 in Norwich, Eng..
Children of union are:
1. Francois Des Marets, born Abt. 1555 in Cambray, Nord, France; died Aft. 1607 in Norwich, Norfolk, Eng; married (1) Elizabeth Herbecq Abt. 1575 in Cambray, Nord, France; married (2) Pheobe DeRieu December 24, 1604 in Norwich, Norfolk, Eng..
2. Pierre Des Marets, born Abt. 1557 in of Cambray, Nord, France; died Bef. 1604.
3. Jean Des Marets, born Abt. 1559 in of Cambray, Nord, France; died 1604.

Wife of Francois Des Marets: Elizabeth Herbecq, born Abt. 1557 in Cambray, Nord, France; died Abt. 1602 in London, England.
Children of Francois Des Marets and Elizabeth Herbecq are:
1. Jacques Des Marets, born Abt. 1590 in Norwich, Norfolk, Eng.
2. Jean Des Marets, born Abt. 1592 in of Oisemont, Somme, Picardy, France; died Aft. 1642 in Holland; married Marguerite De Herville 1619 in Beauchamps, Cambray, Normandy, France.
3. Elizabeth Des Marets, born Abt. 1595 in Norwich, Norfolk, Eng; married Jerome Nauchart Abt. 1616 in of Cauroy, Calais, France.
4. Anna Des Marets, born Abt. 1598 in Norwich, Norfolk, Eng; married Adrien Henry May 15, 1627 in of Cauroy, Calais, France.
5. Ester Des Marets, born Bef. May 24, 1600 in Norwich, Norfolk, Eng; married Francois Laronde Abt. 1625 in of Norwich, Norfolk, Eng.

Wife of Jean Des Marets : Marguerite De Herville, born 1596 in of Oisemont, Somme, Picardy, France; died in Bergen Co., NJ
Child of Jean Des Marets and Marguerite De Herville is:

David Des Marets, born 1620 in Beauchamp, Picardy, France; died October 16, 1695 in New Milford, Bergen Co., NJ; married (1) Maria Sohier July 24, 1643 in Wallon Church, Middleburg, Zeeland, Holland; married (2) Rachel Cloos Aft. 1682.

This is where I found the Jacques Im writing about, in this Davids generation some 200 years late. He is obviously in the wrong place.
If you'd like to accept collaboration, I could try to help you also build our tree. These are my multi GG parents also.
Sincerely,

Michael Bonter

12/16/2010 at 12:23 AM

Curators help please.

12/16/2010 at 12:23 AM

Curators help please.

12/16/2010 at 7:24 AM

Michael,
you WILL get a MUCH quicker response if you post your request in the Curator specific thread. Most of us do NOT check ALL of the Public Discussions, all of the time. There are at leas 50 of these each day. I would help, but know nothing of this part of the tree.

So put a comment in the following discussion:
http://www.geni.com/discussions/80793

Also have you tried contacting the manager of that profile? Private User.

Private User
12/16/2010 at 7:48 AM

Just by chance found this, I have done some work on a parallel tree, so will merge them and fix the issue.

12/16/2010 at 10:35 AM

Thank you for the direction Shmuel, I had tried to contact Mathew, but he has not been online since August. Im just trying to clean up obvious mistakes prior to a merge.

Thank you Margret, you have helped me again with your magic Geni wand.
Merry Cristmas or Seasons Greetings to you all.

Mic

9/1/2012 at 1:48 PM

Does anyone know if these Des Marets connect with the Jacques Des Maret (Desmarais) born 1630 or 1625, in France...I have come up with a dead end, but in some genealogy there seems to be a connection to these ones...but I think whomever has done it, mixed up the Jacques. Because they have connected my Jacques (married to Martha LaPorte) to the Baldwin Des Marets but there is a 300 year gap. Ie they have Baldwin Des Marets born late 1200's/early 1300's as his father...he was born early 1600's...this is impossible...

Private User
9/1/2012 at 2:25 PM

Cindy that does sound like a Mis merge. Could I trouble you to post a link to the profile?

9/2/2012 at 7:07 PM

you could, except it was not on this site. lol. It was when I was researching...the line on this site, ends at Jacques Des Marette/ Desmarais, born 1630 (or 1625)....there are no links after that, that I have been able to find.

9/9/2012 at 8:34 PM

Jean of 1450-1498 had four wives and children. Any one of them could lead to the the Baldwin. If you do find a connection it would be great to fill in the family gaps. So many were named Jacques, in so many generations, just as bad as David in the line into America.

11/11/2012 at 8:59 PM

I will definitely share, if I figure it out. Hope anyone else does as well. :)

And yeah Jacques and Francois are in abundance LOL

7/27/2013 at 1:43 PM

Micharel, I'm confused as to why you think this is misplaced. Can you enlighten? Other than pinning the brithdate as 1481 instead of abt 1480, and listing his mother as Catherine Des Marets instead of Catherine Gerardel (Des Marets), which are more conventions than errors, I don't see a probelm, so I must be missing something. THere were lots of alternating generations of Jeans and Jacques, so it does get confusing.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion