Anniverdary: how do I make it show up on Calendar

Started by David Goland on Saturday, December 18, 2010

Participants:

Showing all 12 posts
12/18/2010 at 7:39 AM

I entered an event for my Union with my partner. It does not show up on the Calendar list, while I can see many anniversaries. I also tried to call it "Marriage", but still, it does not show up. Can anybody tell me how I make it show up? and how do I make sure my relatives get notices of the anniversary?
Thanks.

12/19/2010 at 9:48 AM

David,
you should NOT have to enter a NEW event for the Marriage/Union. As he is already listed as partner, the event should already be there! Check the time-line tab on your profile.

You should see the event for your union listed. If you click on it, you'll see options to edit it and add whatever details you like. If you enter the date on the event, your family will get anniversary notices.

Shmuel-Aharon Kam,
Geni Curator

12/19/2010 at 10:52 AM

Thank you! But still, In the C a l e n d a r view I see all kinds of relatives' anniversary dates and descriptions (silver, bornze,etc.), with a little heart in front of it, but I do not see our anniversary there. How can I make it appear there?

With thanks

David

12/19/2010 at 2:14 PM

David, I don't think I have ever used the Calendar view. But does the event created by GENI (i.e. not the one you added) for your Union have an EXACT date? That SHOULD be all that is required.

My wedding does NOT have a date, and the Calendar view suggests I add it, so it would seem that that is enough.

12/19/2010 at 7:15 PM

שמואל אהרן
Again, thanks.
Yes, I have entered and exact date for the event, and the date appears in the Timeline. As for your previous answer (9:48 AM), during the creation of my partner's p r o f i l e , there is no place to put a date like Wedding Date or Union Date.

Private User
12/20/2010 at 3:35 AM

I think a Union is 'just" an event as if you were to put in an event like "Made Tacos for December 20, 2010". There won't be an anniversary announcement for it with hearts, balloons, champagne bottles and cookies...

Instead, make yourselves married and in the "description" mention that it was a union ceremony since same-gender marriage was not yet legal in your state. I think then, your relatives and friends will get your anniversary emails.

Private User
12/20/2010 at 5:15 AM

PS I didn't mean "a union is just an event" but your Union on your profile is "just an event" that you can create like any other event (got my first car, saw my first movie, took a trip to Europe, converted to [insert religion], etc).

So, rather than adding your Union as "event" and making your Partner a partner, add him in as a Husband. Then check your timeline for your "marriage" date and edit your description for your "Marriage" as a unity ceremony. Your family and friends will get updates every time your anniversary comes around.

12/20/2010 at 6:10 AM

Thank you K.
I did try to put in a marriage EVENT instead of a UNION, but it did not help. The TIMELINE did not show an anniversary. Please see my original message in this discussion.

Private User
12/20/2010 at 6:29 AM

David; what can you see on your timeline tab
are the boxes all checked ?

and what do you have in the dates range?

hope that would help
:-)

12/23/2010 at 9:22 PM

Thanks Ofir. I am not talking about Timeline view but about Calendar View. Go to Tree , than click More drop-down list, and select the first item: Calendar. There you will see upcoming anniversaries. Mine not show up...BTW, you and I are remotely related :-)

Private User
12/24/2010 at 12:18 AM

perhaps it's not yet updated?

are other anniversaries that you've created/added on the calendar?

perhaps submit a help request?

12/24/2010 at 5:18 AM

Thank you Ofir

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion