Anglo-Norman families in Projects

Started by Pam Wilson on Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Participants:

Showing all 3 posts
12/21/2010 at 11:22 AM

I'm starting to build out a series of family or title-based projects for some of the early Anglo-Norman families, as part of the umbrella project http://www.geni.com/projects/Norman-families-of-Normandy-France-and....

I'm using the format "Anglo-Norman families: (Name of family or Earlship title)" for consistency, and linking each of them into the umbrella project as well as into the http://www.geni.com/projects/Early-Normans-c-790-1066.

I invite anyone interested to follow these projects, and if you have a special research area in one of these families, please contact me (or the project manager if it is not one of mine).

Here are the subprojects under the umbrella so far; more to come!

Anglo-Norman families: Earls of Chester
Anglo-Norman families: Earls of Norfolk (Bigod)
Anglo-Norman families: Seigneurs of Tosny (de Tosny / Toeni / Toni)
Boone and de Bohun Family Project
Earls of Arundel
Early Normans c.790-1066
Henry I 's children
Les Ducs de Normandie 911-1106
Magna Carta Sureties and Witnesses
The Domesday Book: England in 1085
The Third Crusade
The d'Aubigny and de Albini families of Norman England, Lords of Arundel and Belvoir
de Bohun

12/21/2010 at 12:29 PM

My family goes back to some of these, for sure the de Bohun family and I am following that project. Thanks for the information. Toeni sounds familiar as well. I have the information printed out from my grandmother or great aunt and I'll check which families are listed.

12/21/2010 at 1:03 PM

Okay, found the sheet. My ancestress, Freelove Baldwin, who married Stephen Stowe, the Martyr of Milford, is a direct descendant of the Bruen, de Tony, de Bohun, Beauchamp, and likely other Anglo-Norman families. Her great grandmother was Mary Bruen who came to America and married John Baldwin of Milford.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion