The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Technical difficulties on Geni continuing for a 2nd day

Started by Joe Buttrill on Thursday, December 23, 2010

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
12/23/2010 at 7:46 AM

I am continuing to get the message, "We are experiencing technical difficulties," from Geni whenever I try to upload a document from the Internet. Does this have anything to do with the stack overflow problem which has been ongoing now for over two weeks?

Private User
12/23/2010 at 10:03 AM

I get the same message when looking at some merge issues. I believe it is when the profiles are for non-family members (for example, a profile that I posted for my great-aunt's husband's brother).

12/26/2010 at 7:24 AM

The growing number of technical difficulties being experienced by Geni users is quite disturbing. This is compounded by the apparent inability of the Geni team to respond to these problems in a timely manner. The bottom line here is that Geni has a significant number of unresolved issues that call into question the overall reliability of the software and jeopardize the integrity of the data base ("The Big Tree") that we are trying to build. I think it is time for the Geni team to de-emphasize rolling out new features and re-emphasize building quality software.

12/26/2010 at 7:24 AM

The growing number of technical difficulties being experienced by Geni users is quite disturbing. This is compounded by the apparent inability of the Geni team to respond to these problems in a timely manner. The bottom line here is that Geni has a significant number of unresolved issues that call into question the overall reliability of the software and jeopardize the integrity of the data base ("The Big Tree") that we are trying to build. I think it is time for the Geni team to de-emphasize rolling out new features and re-emphasize building quality software.

12/26/2010 at 7:26 AM

A case in point is this unintended double posting of my reply above.

12/26/2010 at 7:26 AM

A case in point is this unintended double posting of my reply above.

12/26/2010 at 7:27 AM

QED

12/26/2010 at 7:27 AM

QED

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion