The importance and relevance of ARAVAMUDA SOWMYANARAYANA RAJALAKSHMI [ A S R ] NILAYAM @ AGRAHARA, Mela Kabhistalam, Papanasam Taluk, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu

Started by Private User on Sunday, December 26, 2010

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
Showing all 1 post
Private User
12/26/2010 at 7:43 PM

The importance and relevance of
ARAVAMUDA SOWMYANARAYANA RAJALAKSHMI [ A S R ] NILAYAM
@ AGRAHARA, Mela Kabhistalam, Papanasam Taluk, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu

1. When my younger brother and we started going to our native village, Kabhistalam, it struck to both of us that while Kunja [ Athan Manni ], Sampath and his wife, Padma were very warm, hospitable and responsive; we needed our own private space at our native village.
2. During one of our such visits, Sri Rangan told me that a odd piece of land measuring 4000 sq feet located across Gajendra Pushkarni in Agarahara in Kabhistalam was available for Rs 85,000/- or so immediately and was a good opportunity to work towards our dream of owning our own ancestral home at Kabisthalam.

3. The seed money of Rs 80,000/- came from an unexpected source, our nephew, Sri Kandadai N Srikant of T N Nagar!! And the gruhaprevesam was solemnized in Sept 2008 to synchronise with Maha Samprokshinam of Sri Jenbakavalli aka Ramavalli Thayar samedha Lord Adimoola Gajendra Varadaraja Swamigal @ Kabhistalam [ later held in a hurry on 07 May 2009 ].
4. The home as depicted by ASR Nilayam consisted of a large hall, a separate ladies room with attached bath, small Perumal sannidhi and a a decent kitchen and a big portico all set to vaastu principles as the site was south facing.
5. The name ASR Nilayam came in to being due to:-
A………. Our maternal thatha was Sri Kabhisthalam Aravamusd Iyengar.

S……….. Our fathers’ name was Sri Sowmyanarayana Iyengar.

R……….. Our mothers’ name was Smt A S Rajalakshmi.

[ It did evoke a strange but powerful memories of the time when we were brought up at Nagpur !!].
6. Ever since Sept 2008 gruhaprevesam, the ASR Nilayam has been very extensively been utilized and the warmth and its special ambience was enjoyed by one and all.
PS:- You may also avail the existing facility at any time and every time if you so desire by conatacting me:-
09900922702 an 080-26591714
And
mscblore@hotmail.com

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion