Parents of Daniel Morgan Boone?

Started by Private User on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
1/11/2011 at 6:24 PM

I saw on his MP that there are no parents listed. It was interesting that he was born in Berks County PA. I have a lot of family from the 1700s in that area and have found a lot of information at the Berks Historical Society in Reading. At www.berkshistory.org, they have a great search engine for thousands of Church Records. It costs about $5 each to have them mailed to you. Anyone who lives in the area has free access to everything.

http://www.berkshistory.org/library/churpr2.php
This link shows two Daniel Boone's who had church records in the timeframe of his 1742 birth. One was at the Society of Friends. Was he known to be a Quaker?
The other Daniel E. Boone actually went to the same church as some of my family.

Just thought I'd share the Berks Historical Society, one of my favorites.
I actually visited there last year from Texas when in the area and loved it. Met a new cousin who happened to be researching the same family that day. You never know who you will find.

1/15/2011 at 10:16 PM

Daniel Boone's parents were Quakers during their time in Pennsylvania. I think Squire's father, George, is buried in the old Exeter Meeting House Burying Ground.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion