How do I 'UNDO' a 'merge' with another family?

Started by Private User on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
1/11/2011 at 7:46 PM

I just merged with another family... can this be 'undone'? I need to correct my parents and remove the conflicts.. the software gives a message'... this will split the tree ... and won't let me correct the parents...

any help is appreciated!

DJH

1/12/2011 at 11:04 AM

Shalom Dennis,
you can't [yet] Undo a merge. What you want to do is move forward. I see that indeed you presently have four parents. As they have completely different names, i presume that this merge is incorrect.

In that case, the thing to do is to open the tree for the WRONG parents, and add a "brother" for yourself, with the names in the profile you merged with. You then open your OWN profile, and press the "Edit Profile" link on the right side. Select the Relationships tab, and wait a few seconds. You should see a list of relationships, put a checkmark next to the WRONG parents, and press the remove button. Press save, and you should be done.

Private User
1/16/2011 at 6:36 PM

Shalom Shmuel-Aharon,

I appreciate your suggestions. I will try this now... I am still [very much] a novice at this website.... it is a lot of fun though!

Thanks again for your time.

Dennis

Private User
1/16/2011 at 10:41 PM

Dennis ; you might also want to read the useful links at the bottom left of the page

:-)

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion