Issues with merging duplicates

Started by on Thursday, January 13, 2011

Participants:

• Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing all 5 posts
1/13/2011 at 11:46 AM

I started my tree here on Geni.com not all too long ago, I invited my half sister to my tree. And after that a couple problems occured.
There are two profiles of myself, and several others in my tree. When I sent requests to my sister about them, she got it, accepted. But nothing happens.

So I figured I would log into her profile and check for myself, then it said I myself hadnt accepted the merge yet.
Tried canceling the merges aswell, but the problem wont go away.

Another thing, how can I take over management for my own profile (the duplicate profile of me is marked as a public profile, with my sister for some reason beeing the manager). I cannot edit that profile from neither my account, or my sisters account.

Private User
1/13/2011 at 12:29 PM

Just merge them?
Open your tree and click on the blue dots with a plus.

Checked your Merge Center?
http://www.geni.com/search/tree_matches

As a curator I approved some of the merges for you

Private User
1/13/2011 at 12:37 PM

It looks like Marian have to complete at least one of the merges to get the trees permanently connected, which should give you access to complete the rest of the merges.

Private User
1/13/2011 at 12:45 PM

As a starter you have to invite her to your family group to get access to merge her private profiles.

1/13/2011 at 1:22 PM

Allready says the merge is approved by me on the merge center. But there are still multiple profiles of the same person if I search for my name for example.
And the other profile I cannot do anything with at all, this is also true with the rest of my immediate family's profiles.

And who's this Marian you are referring to ?

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion