The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Adding Profiles to Projects

Started by Michelle Fletcher on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
1/18/2011 at 6:59 PM

If anyone could help that would be great.
I started a family project and am unable to add all the relavent profiles that i manage or co-manage.

could someone please help me to work out how to add my grandparents etc to my project

thanks
Michelle

1/18/2011 at 8:16 PM

You can add profiles one of two ways that I know of:

- On the profile page, click on "More Actions" and then "Add to project." It's in the links to the right of the birth date/death date/etc.

- On the project page, click on the "Options" button in the upper-right-hand corner and then "Add Profiles." You can then type in names to add. Note that this will only work if you are following the profile, so it's easier to use the first method, as I've been learning.

1/18/2011 at 10:39 PM

thank you for your advice but i have tried both ways and neither work

1/18/2011 at 10:58 PM

I just noticed that you said you're unable to add your grandparents. You can only add public profiles to projects, and your grandparents' profiles won't be public unless you edit their settings. Only profiles you add beyond your 4th cousin and your 3rd great-grandparents are public by default. So you may want to weigh the privacy ramifications of making those profiles public, and decide whether what you want to accomplish can be done without a project.

Private User
1/18/2011 at 11:03 PM

Just to add -- if your family relatives are living, you want to add them as "collborators," not profiles. You "follow" them first to make typing in their profiles easier.

1/19/2011 at 7:24 AM

Michelle - I made my great grandparents public so I could add them. It seems like their having been born in 1870 or so, it makes no sense to keep them private. That might be different for a younger descendant. I decided that I would not make grandparents and more recently public however.

I would make a profile public, move away and then move back to it, and then be able to add it to projects.

Good point, Erica. I added every family member I could think of who was living and interested as collaborators.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion