The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Thinking of getting a subscription to Geni

Started by Private User on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
1/19/2011 at 10:05 AM

Thinking of getting a subscription to Geni what are the benefits exactly ?

Private User
1/19/2011 at 10:08 AM

Suppose I can see all 16 matches that I have for one profile ?
What else is possible ?

Private User
1/19/2011 at 11:12 AM

Looks like no one is against me getting a Pro Account so I will get one me thinks :)

1/19/2011 at 12:01 PM

Hi Annemarie,

You can see the Pro benefits at https://www.geni.com/account_settings/premium_account (in my opinion the best view is the pop-up box of checkmarks when you click the link labeled "view all features"). In short, the benefits are:

Tree Matches
Advanced Search
Forest GEDCOM Exports
No Banner Ads
Priority Support
Unlimited Virtual Gifts
Expanded tree view (limit 5,000 profiles instead of 1,000)

Enjoy!

Private User
1/19/2011 at 1:00 PM

I AM enjoying it, just signed up and got access to it all straight away. must say I am a happy customer, so many matches. no adds and have nopt even tried to search options yet
BRILLIANT !

1/19/2011 at 2:31 PM

I asked once on the official Geni Facebook if you can do pay-by-month instead of paying for the year in full up front, but I never got a response. Anyone know? The way it's set up, it looks like that's not offered, and I'm not going to put in credit card info to find out after the fact.

Private User
1/19/2011 at 2:39 PM

They had it in the beginning, but my personal experience was that you got more in transaction fee than the cost.

Try to compare with other costs. Drop one Caffè latte or similar per week and you have covered your cost.

Private User
1/19/2011 at 2:42 PM

I find it very reasonable less then 1 Euro or just over 1 dollar per week, it is better then ancestry.com and more fun .

1/19/2011 at 3:13 PM

Yes, it does seem like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, not everyone's finances allow for larger upfront expenditures. Smaller amounts at a time work better for my limited budget. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a monthly option to come back soon. :)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion