Do I have any rights?

Started by Brandi Steif (Weissmandl) on Monday, February 7, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
2/7/2011 at 6:14 AM

There is somebody who has started a new tree of my family members (some very close). I wrote him asking him to merge and after corresponding back and forth and waiting over two months, he nastily told me that he will do what he wants and refuses to do what I asked him. It bothers me terribly to see the name spelled wrong plus the wrong information. Is there anything I can do about it?

2/7/2011 at 10:58 AM

Brandi - you could pose this question in this discussion: http://www.geni.com/discussions/80793?msg=674726. It's a thread that the curators watch and try to help out.

I suspect that you are talking about private profiles of people who are living or within the last 4 generations. We can help you with profiles that are further back, but if they are recent, I'm not sure what can be done.

2/7/2011 at 12:43 PM

Hatte, Thank you. I wanted to know if anybody can just come into Geni, put in whoever they want ? Are there rules and regulations in Geni, that if you dont follow them you can get kicked out?

Private User
2/7/2011 at 12:46 PM
2/7/2011 at 12:51 PM

Brandel,

I am very familiar with Monsey, and most of the rabbinical branches on Geni. If you wish, I would be happy to check out the problem on your tree.
Just email me via Geni a link to the the location on your tree where this has occurred?

Malka

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion