Profiles Mentioned:

• ___Eesnimi____
    Geni member
  • Ramani
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 31-46 of 46 posts
4/23/2011 at 8:40 AM

Private User Join requests don't disappear after someone has accepted. When I joined this project, I still got accepted messages for about a week after already being accepted. And I had my sent invitations list filled with requests sent to the whole list of collaborators in this project. It's good that I have Gmail as my mailbox, otherwise it would've been filled with confirmation notices too (Gmail grouped those).

Private User
4/23/2011 at 10:41 AM

Strange..
When ___Eesnimi____ requested to join the project the sent requests folder was filled with 300+ 'asked to join' messages. At first I declined the request from my account to see what happens. The rest of the sent request were still there. Then I added _ to the project - the sent requests vanished and I assume they were gone from the project collaborators Geni inboxes. When trying to use the email link it said "We're sorry but this invitation has been deleted".
I tested it again with http://www.geni.com/projects/Printable-tree-templates and got the same result.
Perhaps Geni has changed the system?

Private User
4/23/2011 at 1:03 PM

Remember, the Geni inbox is not e-mail, it is internal to Geni. The messages Geni sends to regular e-mail can not be removed by Geni.

4/23/2011 at 1:36 PM

So in theory, there would/could be a number of current Collaboration Pool dwellers, not just ignoring the regular bulked project pool application PM's, or later, the individual collaboration requests from project members — but who are also actually hitting the decline button when any a new incoming project pool application PM appears in their Geni inbox (!) — since they believe that the requests in question are directed to them individually for some sort of consideration, evaluation and decision making? There is such a decline option in the PM's right? Wrong? What are the options? What is the consequence for the project applicant if someone hits decline?

If there are both 'positive' and 'negative' options available, and if the bulked out join request PM's now also do stay active in the current project members PM inboxes for a period of time – is there any word on motion with regards to this front? Does the system perhaps track and store the eventual scoring while currently only acting on the ‘positive’ clicks? Just speculating about a situation where peeps might be 'voted' in/out of projects basicly …

4/25/2011 at 8:48 AM

@Lauri Kreen, C Gilda Zegman started following me, I sent a message asking her why, she never responded, I have reported her, nothing has been done. I am getting a little nervous, she could potentially cause trouble if I am reading your post correctly. What can I do now?

4/25/2011 at 12:06 PM

Liivi, I am also on your list and apologize for that. Others like David and Shmuel can vouch for how active I used to be here.

However, as others have mentioned - life happens - my available minutes in the day and brain cycles that used to go towards Geni are now deployed elsewhere.

I had created a filter for Geni emails and thus have not since them for several months. However I will now tweak this filter so that I will directly receive such requests, separate of the multitude of other Geni emails I wish to file away without reading.

Best - Shiri

Private User
4/26/2011 at 2:03 AM

I don't know if I am the David to whom Shiri referred - but I am happy anyway to "vouch" for Shiri's collaboration and active and helpful participation in Geni.

4/26/2011 at 3:30 PM

Hear yee, Hear yee!
Shiri Dori-Hacohen is the best! If you have ANY issues with her profiles, just ask me, as I'm both a Collaborator and Family-Group member of hers.

Shmurl-Ahon Kam
Geni Curator

4/26/2011 at 8:11 PM

Thanks David and Shmuel!

4/26/2011 at 8:42 PM

Private User , re Shiri Dori-Hacohen. Ditto Shmuel's praise and endorsement, and David's too. Shiri was one of the most active early members. She helped create many of the original Geni Wiki pages, gave us excellent leads for Krakow genealogy and her joie-de-vivre, combined with expert technical skills was responsible for helping and attracting many new users to become devoted to the site---including me.

Many of us are collaborators and family Group members with Shiri and have kept in touch with her. Shiri is the most collaborative, warm, friendly and kind member, so any problems that may have put her on your list are purely accidental due to her heavy schedule. Shiri is the Best! As good as they come!

see:
http://www.geni.com/projects/Launching-Geni-s-Big-Tree-A-Retrospective
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~dan/genealogy/
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~dan/genealogy/Krakow/index.html

4/26/2011 at 9:24 PM

Barbara Jean Shepard Probably Private User blocked you too!
Test it according to: http://www.geni.com/discussions/90308?msg=691865

4/26/2011 at 9:41 PM

Private User Is a collaborator of mine, and is in my Family Group, I could try and reach him if you wish. There may be many reasons people do not respond to requests or Geni email at times, so I agree with David that 2 months might not be enough time. However, it was a great idea to create this discussion.

4/27/2011 at 6:27 AM

Let me say this about Shiri Dori-Hacohen. She really is the best! If it wasn't for her patience and guidance I would have given up the family tree business as soon as I started. She was responsible for helping me find more "cousins" from all over the world then I could have imagined. Thank you Shiri for making me part of the "family".

4/27/2011 at 7:13 AM

LOVE YOU ALL
THANKS FOR COLLABORATING

4/27/2011 at 12:09 PM

Lauri Kreen, Ͼ stated:
___
You are blocked by some user if at his/her profile page:
* button Follow resets automatically to default soon after pressing it (you can't follow) [test it also with reloading tab or window]
* you can't send him/her collaboration request (no such field)
* you can't send him/her family group request (no such field)
* if you try to send message to him/her it disappears (it is automatically deleted and also missing from sent items).
* you can't send him/her gifts (even for PRO)
* you can't write to his/her guestbook/wall (no such input field)
_________

Are these statements still good indicators of someone who has blocked you since the changes in privacy status were put in place a couple of weeks ago?

Thanks.

5/29/2011 at 11:21 PM

Anita M. Boynton
YES all these are still working - even most private resets your Follow and there is only Send Message link...

Showing 31-46 of 46 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion