The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Confused about Jeremiah (aka "Jermiah", Jack) Carew

Started by Private User on Monday, February 21, 2011

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
2/21/2011 at 12:07 PM

Can anyone offer some documentation to clarify this fellow's details?

My great-great grandfather, a "Jermiah" Carew, is listed, along with Bridget Keating, on the birth records of many of his known descendants (including my great grandfather Jeremiah Carew b 1871). At some point, I was told his parents were John Carew and Bridgid (sp?) Kelly.

Then last August I found an interesting document from 1868. In this advertisement from the Boston Pilot, Jeremiah Carew, son of "John Carew" and "Bridgid Kelly" of Knockgraffon, was looking for his brother Edmond Carew. Jeremiah ostensibly was in Michigan at the time. Problem is that in 1868, "our" Jeremiah (i.e. my gg-grandfather) was having kids in Knockgraffon.

I am left to conclude that there were two Jeremiah Carews in Knockgraffon at the time. Anyone else have a clue?

Private User
2/21/2011 at 5:24 PM

Could have been a cousin ! Remember Children were named after a grandfather.

Private User
2/27/2011 at 2:17 PM

Sure. But that would also means that "our" Jeremiah's parents are not John Carew and Bridgid Kelly. I"m not sure where that piece of data came from.

Private User
2/27/2011 at 6:04 PM

Yes they are. I initially found Bridget and Jack via the birth records search in Tipperary for my Grandfather. I searched all of the records and have the birth records of all the living children of 'Jack and Bridget.

Private User
2/27/2011 at 11:22 PM

Bridget Keating or Bridgid Kelly?

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion