Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing all 3 posts
Private User
2/28/2011 at 3:25 PM

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but how do you start collaboration and what does it mean..I do not see any help items to direct me. Additionally, I am running into a lot of profiles that are "locked" that I am not able to request a merge or anything.how do I solve this problem of locked profiles?

Private User
3/1/2011 at 2:27 AM

James

When you say locked, do you mean it is grayed out in the tree with a little lock on it? That means it's private.

If the time frame is before 1850 or so, you can report it on the "zombies please" discussion so a curator can "put to rest the undead" for you. (It's a glitch, basically -- a profile set to "private" by mistake or GEDCOM upload without dates).

If the time frame is after 1850 or so, it's within the optional privacy time frame set by geni for profile managers (4th great grandfather / 4th cousin). You can request the manager make it public and mergeable by requesting collaboration.

At the bottom of every Geni page are three footers that can help you more in writing and with screen shots etc.

Help
Wiki
Blog

Private User
3/1/2011 at 4:31 AM

Erica - Thanks so much for taking the time to explain the "Zombies"..very helpful...guess I need to learn the vernacular for this site! Anyway, I appreciate your kind assistance...one other question..how does one report specific Zombie location to a curator..and do I use the public discussion forum to do it? All of the Zombies I have encountered are older than 1850! Thanks again.

Jim

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion