How does one get a profile deleted or at least unlinked from your tree?

Начала Judi Temple Среда, 23 Марта 2011

Участники:

• Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Проекты:

Показаны все 4 сообщения
23/3/2011 в 4:05 до полудня

I met someone through Ancestry who provided an entire chain of how we were related. She had sources, etc. I built my tree out to them and invited them. Upon further researching, we found there were 3 people with the same name at the same time in the area and that we were not related at all. We tried to break apart our trees at the error but it won't let us. Now we have deleted all the profiles we could and changed the names of all the extra people in my tree to "Please delete", which essentially deletes her family all together. But you would think we should be able to just break the link somehow - even if requiring both's permission. Somewhat of a merger in reverse. So what are we supposed to do?

I have hesitated to merge with other people's trees in the past because they could contain errors down the line that I cannot fix. This just shows how helpless I can be.. what is the official method for having profiles deleted? Or is there a way to keep both trees intact and request a breakout? Thanks!

Private User
23/3/2011 в 4:13 до полудня

You can break links between profiles provided you have edit access, and the break will not "split the tree".

A PRO or curator can break links between profiles to which they have edit access even if does split the tree.

If someone in your family is PRO, they should be able to do this for you.

If that doesn't help, if you post links to the profiles in the Curator please help discussion, someone there can take a look. Always try self-help first!

Curators can edit any public profiles.

Private User
23/3/2011 в 4:13 до полудня

Hi Judi,

With the kind of problem you are facing, it's best to consult the curators on Geni. I'm posting the link below. State your problem/s when you post and what you want done to your family tree. Provide profile links if necessary. Hope this helps.

http://www.geni.com/discussions/80793

23/3/2011 в 4:07 после полудня

Thanks David and LipLip - I'll work through both your suggestions. I will restore the names on the profiles first so that their tree is intact after I separate. I do have a PRO member somewhere - I assume I can have them manage the profile to get edit rights and then break it. Otherwise, I'll check with the curators... thanks sooo much. J

Показаны все 4 сообщения

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении