The public discussion you requested has been deleted.

Merge with abandoned profile

Started by Shlomo WYGODNY on Thursday, March 24, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
3/24/2011 at 10:50 AM

I have a few merge requests (such as the one for Nili Tock) who are pending the acceptance of their manager, Leora Smith. This Leora did not login since June 2009 and does not respond to any message. Is there something we can do to complete these merges?

3/24/2011 at 11:19 AM

Shalom Shlomo,
that very much depends on how recent these profiles are, and how closely related to them you are. If the abandoned profiles are public, either having been made so by the manager, or because they are for people born before ~1850, then a Curator like myself can complete them for you.

If you are referring to Leora Smith, then the only public profile in her tree is for Yitzchak Moshe a great-grandfather. There are 28 Geni users within her Family-Group, they should all be able to complete merges on her private profiles. With a little sleuthing, you should be able to find their profiles and contact them.

3/24/2011 at 1:09 PM

These are all profiles after 1850, mostly for living people. I'm not sure how to do this sleuthing; for example, for this "Nili Tock" record the only manager is Leora Smith. She did not accept collaboration request so I cannot se her tree. How should I proceed? This is an obviously-correct merge requests for abandoned record.

3/29/2011 at 10:49 AM

Try contacting Private User, Leora's second cousin . I'll try to write a more detailed explanation on how to find people in the Family-Group.

Private User
3/29/2011 at 11:25 AM

Hello. Happy to help in any way, but I am no expert on Geni usage -- let me know what I can do. Cheers!

3/29/2011 at 2:09 PM

Thanks! although I guess Bram can help only if he is "Collaborating" with Leora. I sent him a message about this.

Private User
3/29/2011 at 3:35 PM

Shlomo

If Geni recognises that Bram is Leora's second cousin, then Bram can access Leora's private profiles. Collaboration only affects public profiles, not private profiles.

In general, if two people are in the same family group (4th cousins or closer) they can always access each other's private profiles [except claimed profiles and perhaps those of minors]

3/29/2011 at 11:01 PM

The merge was finilized yesterday. Thanks for all the responses to this thread!

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion