Criteria for Inclusion

Ashley tarafında başlatıldı, tarih: 26 Mart 2011, Cumartesi

Katılımcılar:

Bahsedilen Profiller:

Bütün mesajları (7) gösteriyor
26/3/2011 at 4:43 ÖS

I see that the profile for Rebecca Gibson has been added, I assume due to her being buried in Roxbury. However, she and her husband are associated with Cambridge; her only connections to Roxbury are her burial and two daughters living there.

This probably provides a good opportunity to discuss what the criteria are for inclusion. Do we have a concrete time period in terms of years? Does someone need to have lived there, been born there, died there, etc.? Maybe some additional direction on what we envision for the project would be helpful. :) Thanks!

26/3/2011 at 4:51 ÖS

Can you resend and include Tammy Swingle please. We discussed this but more in terms of the cut off date. I included William Pynchon but he founded Roxbury but "removed" to Springfield which he also founded, where he died. I would agree with you that I expect some to have been born there or lived there ten years or more.

27/3/2011 at 8:14 ÖÖ

Thanks for the reply! Not sure what you mean by "resend," though...do you mean you want Private User tagged in this discussion?

Private User
27/3/2011 at 9:12 ÖÖ

Hi! Thanks for sending me the messages between you and Hattie. So far, I've been including anyone born, buried, or who died in Roxbury. I know Hattie said they should have lived there at least 10 years, but for the majority, I don't know how to prove how long they lived there. If they were born and died there, that's a good reason to think they lived there at least 10 years, unless they were a child at death. I've been deciding on a case by case basis in terms of time. For the most part, I've been using 1776 as a guide- if they were born well before then, I include them. There may be some exceptions, like if they were a younger child in the family. I have also included people who lived there who had an important role, whether they were born, died, or were buried there or not. William Pynchon who was added by Hatte would be a good example of someone in that category.

I would be very happy to continue adding profiles as I have been, then if we come up with better guidelines for who to include, we can go through and remove profiles from the project. Or, Hatte can decide who stays and who goes.

Private User
27/3/2011 at 9:16 ÖÖ

BW, I'm assuming Martha was one of the daughters living in Roxbury. Which of the other 2, Mary or Elizabeth, lived there?

27/3/2011 at 12:19 ÖS

Thanks for clarifying!

The two daughters to live in Roxbury were Mary Ruggles and Martha Newell. I've gone ahead and added Mary to the project. I'll go through now and make sure their husbands and children are connected to the project.

27/3/2011 at 1:15 ÖS

This is great! I'll be back late Monday and at work on Geni by the weekend. Nice to work with you both.

Ashley - if you want to edit or add to the text, please do. I cut and pasted quite quickly. It needs to be made more concise and readable and expanded. I thought we could add important families, events and places at least. I would like to find good maps for the early years or paintings.

Bütün mesajları (7) gösteriyor

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion