New Navigation

Начал Philip Weiss Суббота, 26 Марта 2011

Участники:

Упомянутые профайлы:

Проекты:

Показаны сообщения с 1 по 30 из 192.
26/3/2011 в 9:28 после полудня

What happened to the new navigation?

It took a little getting used to, but I liked having a bit more screen real estate for the tree.

27/3/2011 в 4:27 до полудня

Missed collaborators list..was not interested in following famous people, kept getting 'page not available' if didn't pick a drop down in a nanosecond....

Maybe they got worried about copyright infringement on videos etc that would be broadcast without proper approvals...would leave Geni open to all sorts of law suits.

Was wondering if anyone else was back to the old format....have had 2 very good days (and adding dates) that flew by very smoothly...

Enhance the old, forget the new...

Also, what was with the requirement that we sign up for YouTube in order to even make a comment....is that legal? Forced enrollment?

27/3/2011 в 6:38 до полудня

Generally speaking, I like the new navigation, although there are some problems:

- I find burying My Profile under the Account button to be rather obscure.

- There is a bug in the Matches button which shows non-existent Requested Merges.

- There seems to be no access to videos on the new navigation--or at least, I've been unable to find it.

- There is an inconsistency between the new navigation and navigation at the profile level. The new navigation places photos under the Family Tree button, documents under the Research button, and ignores videos. At the profile navigation level, photos, videos and documents are all under the Media button.

But the real news is not the new navigation. It's the bug fixes and new features elsewhere:

- The problem with dates seems to be fixed.

- There is a new sort feature for documents which allows you to sort your documents by Upload Date, Document Date, or Document Title. (There seems to be an issue, however, with the sort by Document Date.)

Private User
27/3/2011 в 10:13 до полудня
27/3/2011 в 10:41 до полудня

I agree with Fay Baldwin. I am not liking the challenge of getting use to it. Takes up to much off my time. When I put in a surname I like seeing all of Geni surnames. Not do you want to add this name and discussions of surnames.

28/3/2011 в 4:57 до полудня

Has anyone noticed that if you enter new profiles with dates that you don't have to put in the birth order...Geni does it automatically...

Also, if you enter birth and death dates and miss a digit (i.e. 874 instead of 1874 as birth with 1910 as death)...the system now flags you with a ?.
Which says 'I don't think this can be correct'.

Both are nice to see....

Private User
28/3/2011 в 10:27 до полудня

i am having a problem with the icon that says i have 267 matches in my trees but when i click on it it shows me nothing..am i missing a step? that is my only problem so far. ^U^

28/3/2011 в 12:47 после полудня

I'm having a similar problem--the Matches icon says I have 162 Tree Matches when, in fact, I only have 23. I reported the problem to the Help Desk today.

Private User
28/3/2011 в 3:35 после полудня

Change the setting in the viewing list and see what you get. Also the Show Merges Ive requested check box (it will not show if you are looking at tree merges)

Private User
29/3/2011 в 12:47 до полудня

i changed it to every setting there was to change it too. worked on merge issues on every one of the settings..un-followed 1000 people., checked and unchecked the" merges i requested box"...it went down 2 numbers and within the hour it was back up. every setting is also off by 2. it says i have to more "something or others to do" but there is nothing there.
do i have a bug or am i just not getting it? i dont like that number there :(

Private User
29/3/2011 в 8:57 до полудня

Kathy, the 2 bug has been there a long time, I just ignore it but if the number goes up I check it. I think Geni is doing something behind the scenes in regard to old requested merges, My count varies all the time and I am getting from 40 to 90 email notices every day. This has been going on for over a week.I just work through them. I assume they will slow down soon :-)

29/3/2011 в 9:25 до полудня

I just wanted to report that when i am in the merge center, every time I change from tree to data after I have chosen a project, the page resets to "managed by me" and I have to go thru the whole process again. It is certainly workable, but it is a pain!

Joe, Kathy, etc....I found that the bold number at the top is really for ALL groups, not just your immediate tree. Change the "viewing" button and those numbers will change...but then the problem I am having kicks in to revert you back to the defaults.

29/3/2011 в 9:41 до полудня

I believe we're still working on that number in the header. We had it working just the way we wanted -- always showing you the number corresponding to the last group you selected -- but had to undo it because it was causing pages to load slowly for many users. Right now it's showing a number that we can display quickly.

The merge center will remember the top three groups when you select them, but not projects. We've debated this internally; do you all think that it should go back to a project, if that's what you selected last?

29/3/2011 в 10:19 до полудня

Yes on the projects....If I am in the "Mayflower mode" I want to focus on that for awhile and get it done. Having to look at the full list tends to distract me from Mayflower and get caught up in the Declaration, then the Mayflower doesn't get finished.

29/3/2011 в 10:26 до полудня

Something else I have noticed that comes and goes, but seems worse since the update...remembering the "show" setting on Discussions and Projects. I can click it to "only those I am following", read/comment on a discussion, then when I click the "Back to Discussions" it has reverted to "show all" rather than keeping the "show only those I am following" setting I had chosen just a minute ago. Sometimes when I navigate to Projects or discussions from other pages the show only those I follow is chosen, other times it is not...even if I don't change it!

29/3/2011 в 10:50 до полудня

Mike...I am not seeing where the Matches tab is holding anything...you mentioned the top three groups? It ALWAYS reverts back to Managed by Me, whether I am clicking it new from the home page, from other tabs of the Merge Center, or even after completing a merge request and clicking "other tree merges"....it always goes back to Managed by Me. At least for me it does....

29/3/2011 в 12:09 после полудня

For me, if I go to Tree Matches and then select Followed By Me or Managed By Me and then go to the home page and then back to Tree Matches, it shows whichever group I last selected.

Your problem with this page, as well as the "show" checkbox problem, are indicative of a problem saving settings in your cookies. Try logging out of Geni, which should clear your cookies, and then log back in. Let me know whether or not that fixes either problem.

29/3/2011 в 11:19 после полудня

where's the profile tab in the new navigation?? one can't access one's own profile. one has to type one's name in search and then access it.

Private User
29/3/2011 в 11:49 после полудня

Akshay Bangera

To access your profile, select the "Account" tab in the upper right hand corner, next to the "Search" box. Click on your name from the drop down menu.

30/3/2011 в 12:48 до полудня

aha! there it is. thank you Jenna

30/3/2011 в 4:37 до полудня

Maybe it will be good to have access to Genealogy tab (which is available only if you are logged out) also from inside the Geni?

Private User
30/3/2011 в 1:43 после полудня

Since this new navigation, I have not been able to paste anything. Anyone else having that problem?

Private User
30/3/2011 в 4:07 после полудня

Leslie, not that problem but within the last couple of hours the More Actions section on profiles is not there

30/3/2011 в 4:28 после полудня

Reason why I started the thread is that I no longer see the new navigation at all. Yet it appears that a lot of other people still have it.

Private User
30/3/2011 в 4:49 после полудня

OK, they moved it to next to the Follow button. WHY?????
attn Geni, If it aint broke, don't"fix it

Private User
30/3/2011 в 5:14 после полудня

still thye same problem..no matter what i change..that number is still there. and the numbers dont add up , so i dont know...uggg!!! and i have to agtree with eldon

Private User
30/3/2011 в 6:43 после полудня

Philip, do you have the latest version of Flash and your browser?

30/3/2011 в 7:08 после полудня

I use Chrome, which is self-updating.

Private User
30/3/2011 в 7:41 после полудня

Can't help you with that, I use Firefox and have some minor issues but can work with them.

30/3/2011 в 8:14 после полудня

I use both Chrome and Firefox with no issues, I dont think it is the browser

Показаны сообщения с 1 по 30 из 192.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении