the eldons

Started by Alex Elian on Sunday, March 27, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
3/27/2011 at 11:42 PM

I remember being told by my father that öur side"of the Einhorns split into 3 names: Elian, Elinor and Eldon. I also recall that there was an Alex Eldon living in London and that he had a daughter called Rita that was married and lived a long time in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).

From what I can dig up, it seems that Alexander and Charlotte Eldon, coming from Romania, established themselves in London and that their daughter, Rita Pankhurst (nee Eldon) got married to Professor Richard Pankhurst.

Here is a brief selective CV of Rita
http://sylviapankhurst.gn.apc.org/Rita%20Pankhurst%20biog%20narrati...

Professor Pankhurst is the son of Sylvia Pankhurst, a noted suffragette and anti-fascist

I have no idea however where all this goes on the tree. Any ideas?

3/28/2011 at 2:03 AM

just found this:
ROUMANIAN Act de Căsătorie (Marriage Certificate) between Alexandru Einhorn and Charlotte Vachtel. 1922

3/28/2011 at 2:06 AM

and I assume this is also related to him, dated 1929?
SA „Moldova Comerciala”, agentura, reprezentanta, are ca presedinte pe Alexandru Einhorn si vinde automobile

3/28/2011 at 2:39 AM

not sure if it the same, as allegedly the family left in 1938

Romania: Jewish Census, 1942 about Alex. Einhorn
Name: Alex. Einhorn
Birth Date: 1902
Address: Călăraşi 213C
Education: graduate
Profession: bookkeeper
Census Number: 557

3/29/2011 at 2:25 AM

have received this from Rita Pankurst:
Alexander (dru?) and Charlotte, maiden name Wachtel, were my parents. We did emigrate to Britain in 1938 and changed our name in 1947. I don't remember my father mentioning any other Einhorn except someone? who became a film star in Hollywood. We lived in Iasi, but my father's parents, Ida and Moritz Einhorn, lived in Bucharest. I moved to Ethiopia in 1956 and married Richard Pankhurst in 1957. Alula is our son and Helen our daughter.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion