The Swamp Fox (TV series)

Started by Kenneth Kwame Welsh on Friday, April 1, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 16 posts
4/1/2011 at 3:59 PM

Who here remembers this television show? Let's disccuss the show!

4/1/2011 at 3:59 PM
Private User
4/1/2011 at 4:22 PM

My dad and I used to watch this show every week. I'm sure it played a role in developing my love of American history.

4/1/2011 at 4:28 PM

The original airings were before my time, but I do remember watching reruns of it on Nick at Night or something in the early 90's or so. Great show!

4/1/2011 at 4:32 PM

"The Patriot" with Mel Gibson was a better depiction of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion, "The Swamp Fox"...or at least a less humorous one!

Private User
4/1/2011 at 4:40 PM

Showing my age, I remember the original. Actor Leslie Nielsen was the Swamp Fox in his younger days.

4/1/2011 at 7:50 PM

I was able to obtain the shows on DVD from someone on Ebay.

Private User
4/1/2011 at 8:35 PM

In the 1950s, the "Davy Crockett" series with Fess Parker had every boy in America wearing a 'coon skin cap (the girls were wearing Mickey Mouse ears from the Mickey Mouse Club).

@Erica Isabel Howton
We never did start that Alamo project. I lived in San Antonio for 30 years and now we are retired in the Hill Country nearby. No Alamo defenders such as Davy Crockett in my tree, but I can find a lot of info about The Alamo around here. San Antonio Public Library has a fabulous Texas History genealogy section.

Private User
4/1/2011 at 9:45 PM

There's a Republic of Texas Project, maybe this would be a spin off from it. A good summer project AFTER you return from Ireland! Stay focused .... :>

I am so trying to relate myself to the Swamp Fox BTW. So far I have some ancestors who served under him.

Private User
4/1/2011 at 9:46 PM

Brig. General Francis Marion (aka, the Swamp Fox) [Continental Militia] is your fourth cousin 11 times removed's wife's first cousin once removed's husband.

Not really close (actually not sure what that means -- a cousin's husband I think)

Private User
4/20/2011 at 1:48 AM

OK, je suis français comme Francis Marion (Le renard des marais).
Mais je ne me connais pas de parenté avec un Marion.
Cependant j'ai deux ami qui s'appellent Marion (c'est un nom assez courant en France.
Cordialement
MICHEL BUR
<michelbur@wanadoo.fr>

Neuilly-sur-Seine
France

4/20/2011 at 8:00 AM

@michel bur, (FR) quelle partie de la France est à Neuilly-sur-Seine dans ? Mes grands-parents grands grands provenaient d'Alsace-Lorain... qui est près de chez vous ? Merci !

4/21/2011 at 6:52 AM

Is there a point to this and I don't mean to sound -----I really want to know if I missed something and yes I remember.

4/21/2011 at 9:57 AM

The life of Brig. General Francis Marion (aka, the Swamp Fox) covers a part of American history and genealogy that has been overlooked time and time again. That is why Walt Disney produced the tv show back in the late 50s.

5/24/2011 at 4:56 PM

Hi all...just spotted this on FB and wanted to share...

http://swampfoxlounge.com/

Private User
5/25/2011 at 6:00 AM

pela segunda vez?

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion