FAMILY TREE

Started by Rhonda McBeth on Saturday, April 2, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 13 posts
4/2/2011 at 8:27 PM

IS ANYONE ELSE BESIDES ME UNABLE TO VIEW THEIR FAMILY TREE? I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO VIEW MY TREE FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND AM WONDERING IF IT IS A PROBLEM WITH MY COMPUTER OR WITH GENI

Private User
4/3/2011 at 1:15 AM

Several have reported problems using the latest version of Firefox. Try another browser like Chrome.

Private User
4/3/2011 at 2:57 AM

My tree is gone too, Rhonda. It's gone in Chrome, IE and Firefox. I've so far tried re-installing Chome and Firefox + new Flashplayer to no avail. Will check it out alternative PC tomorrow.

4/3/2011 at 7:49 AM

I've confirmed that both your trees can be drawn on the server side, so the problem must be in your browser. Try upgrading to the latest version of Flash at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Private User
4/4/2011 at 2:21 AM

Thanks Mike. I've just checked out my PC at work (Firefox browser w/ ancient Flash), and the Geni tree displays just fine. The problems with my own PC started with the upgrading of my Flashplayer (if it ain't broken...). Will try and uninstall Flash and install an older version. I'll keep you posted.

4/4/2011 at 11:42 AM

I TRIED EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SUGGESTED AND STILL NO FAMILY TREE! ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

Private User
4/4/2011 at 11:58 AM

Michael Stangel

there are still some problems with tree view and what is also interesting is the fact that I can upload my own tree with no problems but other trees are not uploading properly . I need to go to back and forth between profile and tree view until it uploaded

:-)

4/4/2011 at 12:23 PM

Rhonda, what browser are you using -- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome? What version? If you go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ what version does it say you have, in the "Version information" box to the right of the first paragraph?

Ofir your problem is sounding different -- maybe there's just some broken trees, or trees that are so large that they are timing out? Do you have the URL of a tree that (sometimes?) doesn't load?

Private User
4/4/2011 at 12:36 PM

sorry Mike, I meant that this problem still happens with the latest Firefox and flash versions no problem with IE

4/4/2011 at 12:45 PM

Ofir, you're saying you can view your own tree now, right? If so, then I think your problem is different than, say, Rhonda's.

4/4/2011 at 12:55 PM

Mike, I am having the same problem as Ofir Friedman. My family tree opens alright, but not any of the others.

4/4/2011 at 2:07 PM

I AM USING INTERNET EXPLORER AND ADOBE FLASH version 10,2,153,1 installed. I ALSO TRIEDGOOGLE CHROME NIETHER WORK

4/4/2011 at 3:31 PM

Rhonda your problem on IE might be solved by updating the Flash player, which can be done at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Elyse, like Ofir I need more information about your problem. Do you have problems viewing the tree if you go to someone else's profile first, and then click "View Tree" from their profile page (to view their tree) ? Or is it when you're refocusing your existing tree, either by clicking the "tree" links on the boxes, or by clicking the little green trees?

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion