Geni Success Stories

Начала Pamela Moore Воскресенье, 3 Апреля 2011

Участники:

Показаны все 1 сообщение
3/4/2011 в 10:18 после полудня

I'll let my oldest son tell this in his own words from this Facebook post, but I'd love to see some more stories on here like this. (And I'm sure Geni would too!) I've been watching the episodes of "Who do you think you are?" online and I hope more people realize what their family's history can mean to their current and future family members!

Identity.
by Jonathan Black on Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 9:15pm

For several years, as some of you may know, I've intended to change my entire name from Darrell James Schuwerk to just Jonathan Black. Something simple and easy to spell. Would make a good name for an author should I ever finish a novel or even just a short story. That at least was the reason behind choosing Black as a last name. The first name is inspired by a book titled, "Jonathan Livingston Seagull". I really like the message conveyed by the author and the main character, Jonathan Seagull. Yes, he's a bird.

My fathers name is James Darrell. Mine is Darrell James. He's a deadbeat. I've met him once in my thirty-three years. Never sat well with me that he didn't even try to keep in touch. I still plan on changing my name. Just not so sure about changing my last name now. Why should I give up a last name that I can trace so far back? Perhaps even further some day. Would be awesome if I was heir to an old title or a castle or something. If I do change my name and decide to keep my last name, it will be in spite of my father.

Why should one black sheep ruin it?

Показаны все 1 сообщение

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении