Birth Year

Started by Bruce Welmerink on Monday, April 4, 2011

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
4/4/2011 at 6:57 PM

I am making an assumption and indicating a birth year of 1760, based on the birth year of his son, 1785, and year of having this son at the age of 25. This will be changed at a future time when the date can be found in records.

4/5/2011 at 4:05 AM

Bruce,
the more visible place to put this information is in the About Me section of the profile.

4/5/2011 at 12:12 PM

Shmuel, how did you come upon this posting of my ancestor? Is he your ancestor too?

4/5/2011 at 12:16 PM

No, but when you start a discussion about a public profile such as this, then by default the discussion is also public. So it's visible to ALL Geni users (and gets indexed by google).

4/6/2011 at 1:50 PM

So basically you saw a posting and just responded to assist. Thanks for your help. So I thought it would be ok to post it public in the event someone else is searching for this name, since it is somewhat uncommon. Are you able to see all of my information?

4/7/2011 at 3:52 AM

Bruce,
I'm a Geni Curator ( http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Curators ). It's pretty much part of my [voluntary] "job" to assist. So I'm glad that I could. It IS perfectly fine to post pretty much anything you want to a public discussion.

I'm not sure what you mean by "see ALL of my information"? Curators, just like everybody else, can only see the PUBLIC parts of your tree. This means all profiles marked with the little green globe next to their name. By default this only includes outside your Family-Group, i.e. further away than 4th cousins or 3rd great-grandparents (you CAN manually make profiles public). The big difference from everybody else, is that Curators can also edit and merge public profiles.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion