Making someone else primary manager

Started by Philip Weiss on Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
4/5/2011 at 2:42 PM

I'm listed as the primary manager on some private profiles where there's a closer relative in the tree. I know there's an option to make another person the primary manager when I add them as manager to a profile. But how do I make someone the primary manager when they already are a manager on the profile?

4/5/2011 at 2:58 PM

Pretty sure its the same. Have you tried?

Private User
4/5/2011 at 3:03 PM

I believe the same way.

Select "Options" from the upper right corner. Then, "Add Manager." In that rectangle/screen, you can check the box "Make Primary Manager."

4/5/2011 at 3:52 PM

OK. Seems kind of odd to have to invite them to become a manager when they are already a manager.

Private User
4/5/2011 at 7:41 PM

Perhaps the intent is to invite them to take on the responsibility?

Did it work?

4/5/2011 at 10:55 PM

I don't know. I'd already sent her a few of those invites for the ones where she wasn't a manager, and I've now tried it on a couple of these too. She hasn't logged on yet, so I don't know.

4/6/2011 at 3:56 PM

I will look into it

4/6/2011 at 4:15 PM

To make someone a primary manager you first must be the primary
2ed they must be a manager
click on your name in the manager list and give up management it will then ask who to make primary manager

Then if you wish to have management again you must request to be added as manager

4/6/2011 at 6:56 PM

Tried the sending a request above thing. It appears they did not become primary manager when they accepted if they were already a manager.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion