Get About Me

Started by Private User on Friday, April 8, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
4/8/2011 at 2:48 AM

Is there a method for extracting the About Me for a profile?

4/8/2011 at 10:23 AM

We're expecting to release support for this mid-next week, with the /api/profile-101 call. Since about_me can be very large, we're not going to include it by default; you'll have to use the "fields" param to specifically request it, e.g. /profile-101?fields=first_name,last_name,about_me

Private User
4/8/2011 at 10:39 AM

I agree that it should not be a part of the standard profile data.

I was expecting something like "api//profile-101/about_me", but "api/profile-101?fields=about_me" would work as well as long as it is possible to easily process the result.

The managers field should also be moved out as an optional parameter because it can be huge.

4/8/2011 at 10:56 AM

I agree, though it may be too late to change; we already have one API app gone live, and more to come. Changes to the production API require coordinated migration procedures.

Private User
4/8/2011 at 11:18 AM

Talking about it: I would like to have an API version number to check on to determine if I should make a new version of the App myself.

It would also be nice to extract a list of the last updated profiles within a familygroup/nearby with a timestamp. That would reduce the load and make it possible to reuse already loaded and sored data.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion