Morris (moshe) passing away

Started by Private User on Monday, April 11, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
Private User
4/11/2011 at 10:15 AM

Please note that my father Morris Newman passed away on 12th November 2010 and is buried in Toronto Canada. I am waiting for GENI to ammend his records accordingly on the family tree.

4/11/2011 at 6:46 PM

I am sorry to hear that David, my condolences for your loss.

Did you send in a help ticket? None of the curators can touch a recent, private profile so whoever manages it or Geni staff will have to do that.

Private User
5/25/2011 at 8:48 AM

Thank you for your kind wishes. I am totally upset with Geni. They are not responding to my request to change the status of my father's death. How else can I get them to change his record. He logged on and I can not modify it.

5/25/2011 at 12:16 PM

Private User - I just had to report a dear relative's profile as deceased last month. There is an option on each profile to Report the profile that has a drop down box where you can choose "report deceased" and there's a place to put a note in too I believe. I asked them to pass management to my relative's daughter.

They did not notify me when they did this change and they passed management to another relative, but they did respond to my reporting the person as deceased.

I'll check this thread in a minute. Can you see if you can report the profile as deceased and let me know. I can report it as deceased and ask them to pass management to you, but who they pass management to differs depending upon factors I don't quite understand. I believe if there is a co-manager, it is the co-manager with the most profiles managed.

5/25/2011 at 12:26 PM

David - I misspoke. Your father's profile is private so of course I cannot see it and therefore cannot report the profile as deceased.

I can bring this to the attention of Customer Service. Let me know if you are able to use the report option.

Private User
5/25/2011 at 1:49 PM

I am sorry for your loss, Private User.
If there is a computer where you father is logged in, use that browser to:
1. Click on Account (top right)
2. Select Account Settings (NOT Logout)
3. Choose Close Account (shortcut http://www.geni.com/account_settings/close_account)
4. Choose "This person is deceased" as the reason
5. Fill the box bellow "Type the two words"
6. Click Close Account
7. Update his profile with date and location of death and burial - his profile is marked as deceased after closing the account

5/25/2011 at 2:03 PM

Private User - Thanks!

5/26/2011 at 10:12 AM

Liivi - I think David will be able to do it only if the user was logged on or the password was saved by the browser.
Am I wrong?

5/26/2011 at 11:31 AM

Again, anyone who can access the profile can go to Actions and pull down the menu and click on Report profile. There's a further drop down menu then that allows you to select "deceased" as the reporting reason and a place to add comments or requests.

Private User
5/26/2011 at 1:22 PM

Thank you all - You are all very helpful. It would seem that Geni have changed the settings allowing me to update my fathers profile. I have now changed him to deceased. Thank you again for your input.

Private User
5/26/2011 at 5:22 PM

Yaacov, yes. Before writing my post David's father's profile showed "Last Online: Today", the same as David's own profile.

5/26/2011 at 8:46 PM

I forgot that curators *can* see "last login" of users.
In this case my first comment was not relevant.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion