• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni member
Showing all 12 posts
Private User
4/15/2011 at 10:02 AM

I am just wondering how one would prove that their ancestor may or may not be a child of Henry VIII?How many mistresses did the man supposedly have?He married and divorced a lot but lovers?Just a question.

Thanks

Private User
4/16/2011 at 6:50 AM

I have been told by some cousins in Canada that our ancestor Agnes Bluet/Blewett was one of his mistresses and she married an Edwards and they had a son that is supposed to be a child of Henry VIII. Have yet to see any documentation, so do not know for sure.

Private User
9/5/2011 at 6:16 PM

Seems in my tree I have quite a few links to Henry VIII but as to whether that can be supported or not is another story

Private User
9/6/2011 at 3:45 AM

I agree with you completely. Without documentation it would be hard to prove. Anne Bolyne's sister Mary, I believe, had a daughter by Henry VIII and she married another person and the daughter was given the surname of Mary's husband and that line came down to the De la Wares and West's. Delaware (state) got it's name from the De la Ware sure name.

6/8/2013 at 8:25 AM

Hello, I see no posts since 2011 here so maybe this is no longer viable: I too am investigating the Link between Henry VIII and his illegitimate children's descendants....Because of my Father's story before he died in 1978 I have uncovered verifiable proof of that story that lays a great circumstantial case of Truth.....Re garding Edwards, I've seen that too, and wonder if we have any DNA of a living descendant? I have the Tudor DNA from Wales: Pretty well locked down, however it is not Royal by some standards but one must start somewhere and work backward...I also have living DNA from what I believe are actual doubleganger lookalike 14th ggrandchildren, sons for comparison....Best Regards Dale C. Rice 1948

Private User
6/10/2013 at 6:10 PM

I don't know what to say. I believe it is going to be one of those things that will be hard to prove unless someone had enough money to have King Henry VIII DNA done and then test all possible descendants and it won't be me. Hardly have enough to live on as it is.

6/10/2013 at 7:50 PM

No one is going to allow the curious to disturb his majesty...forget that....LOL We little peoople are going to be able to prove beyond the preponderance of the evidence that this did occur? How? Because the DNA does not lie, and once we establish the Narrative for William Hernry Rice...1521 and his projeny...you will see it on the faces.

Private User
7/3/2013 at 5:43 PM

That would be nice to find out who has lineage to his majesty and find out how many kids the man did have.

7/4/2013 at 1:01 AM

The number of known lovers are pretty well established...The line I believe that was overlooked because the child born to Beatrice was also a married woman with few ties to the court simply went unnoticed except for the Princess Mary Tudor who paid for this young man's education and later granted him a patent of nobility with coat of Arms with the Castile Pomegranite upon it....code for I Know who you are. Establishing the DNA is the trick because there are no known blood heirs....and that's where Perrott ap Rice comes in....I am tracking down male blood descendents with a provable tie that will circumstantially prove they are who we believe they are. Some would say it's a lost cause but the story has yet to be proved wrong at any level....We initially thought that Beatrice GArdiner or Alswyn Martin might be the woman the King had a fling with in France....The daughter of Daffid Rice and Alswyn would have been 20 or early twenties 1520 and her name was Jonnett ap Rice/so she is the right age, and likely worked for BEATRICE the overseer of Laundry in Rhys ap Thomas houshold when they went to the field of cloth of gold 1520....William Henry 1521 was born the follwoing March, 9 months later and may have had a 2nd childr Mary by the King as well...It's all bound to come together someday.

Private User
8/2/2013 at 5:41 PM

I have never understood the ap between the first and last name. What is that suppose to mean??

8/2/2013 at 5:44 PM

Hello MS. Tawny Wilcox: I'll chime in here, ap simply means "son of: and ferch or (f) means daughter of) Before 1600 they did not have last names so it was always son of or daughter of by first names only....Then they got organized....most likely a good woman having deep converstation with her husband LoL! Kind regards DCR 1948

8/2/2013 at 5:49 PM

Ms. Edith" the Edwards line is to David Edwardes, and that's as good as any place to start....My boyhood friend's Grandmother was married to and EDWARDes, and they were very prominent Lawyers in the Pacifinc NW in the early 1900's when Lawyers were rare....Kind Regards DCR 1948

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion