George Stocking

Started by Hatte Blejer on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
4/27/2011 at 4:35 PM

George Stocking

I don't see him on the list but the Society of Descendants of the Founders of Hartford lists him.

What should we do?

4/28/2011 at 7:30 AM

Can I add George Stocking to the list since he's documented on the website of the Society of Descendants of the Founders of Hartford?

4/28/2011 at 7:55 AM

Stocking is more commonly associated with Middletown, which is probably why he's not on the list. He's certainly considered a founder, however. My personal belief would be that he should be added.

4/28/2011 at 8:16 AM

Well, you are certainly a resident CT historian! I ran into George Stocking before. There are tons of Bethia Hopkins running around and there was rampant confusion about whether my ancestor Bethia Hopkins was descended from Stephen Hopkins. I have to re-check but I think I have a connection to Stocking and Bethia Hopkins (not the Stephen Hopkins one).

4/28/2011 at 8:20 AM

Ah, that's it. I had to go find the MP for Bethia Stocking and merge her with the Bethia Stocking (daughter in law of this George Stocking):

http://www.geni.com/path/Hatte+Blejer+is+related+to+Bethia+Stocking...

George Stocking is my 9th ggf.

4/28/2011 at 8:42 AM

He came on the Griffin but is not on the list in our Griffin passengers project. Does anyone have proof of his being on the Griffin?

4/29/2011 at 4:09 PM

Hatte, I was born and raised here. We're a tiny state, so our history is all we have to talk about. ;) Other than basketball championships and the weather, naturally!

4/29/2011 at 9:12 PM

And UConn :)

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion