API Roadmap / Support Insert date?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
5/16/2011 at 12:41 AM

Hello Geni,
any chance you could share some of the future plans / timeline for the API? Please?

Specifically, how soon, if ever do you plan to allow INSERTING data to the site via the API. As far as I can tell, presently the API only allows retrieval and some manipulation of existing data (e.g. merge conflicts resolution).

This came up in a discussion regarding creating a go-between application to allow transfer of data from the Yad Vashem Holocaust DB into Geni.

5/16/2011 at 6:27 AM

We don't have a roadmap per-se, but add/update functionality should be released soon. I'm hoping by the end of the month, but cannot make any promises.

Private User
5/19/2011 at 2:20 AM

Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn) / (שמואל אהרן קם (קאן, - As far as I understand the API will give you access to create and tag profiles to documents.

What exactly are you looking for?

5/19/2011 at 3:01 AM

It wasn't MY idea. We probably get the community to define a spec, but I think the 3 primary functions of such an app. would be:

1) Using profile information on Geni, do searches of the YV DB.
2) Using information in YV DB, ADD profiles to Geni.
3) Transfer PDFs / images to Geni as documents, with and without connection to 1 & 2.

Private User
5/19/2011 at 4:39 AM

At least #3 would be possible, - if the YV DB have an API that make it possible to automatic add documents and at least highlight Geni profiles that needs additions and corrections.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion