Participants:

• Ben Collett
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
Ben Collett
5/16/2011 at 3:39 AM

i was looking at my relation to William the conqueror and half of the path was red and i noticed it said "William I The Conqueror is your 17th great grandmother's husband's second cousin 11 times removed." the thing is the husband is also my 17th great grandfather. so it is saying i am not a blood relative is what i gather?

the only thing i can think is that 2 of my ancestors who are partners are brother and sister but to different dads, this is where it goes off saying 17th great grandmothers husband.

can anyone help me fix this?
thanks

5/16/2011 at 6:39 AM

Ben, can you link us to the profiles where it splits off (from blue to red)? If you can tell us which profiles in particular are in your path, that makes things a lot easier. Otherwise, we'll just be guessing.

Keep in mind that since you just joined Geni a few days ago (welcome!), you're likely not fully connected into the tree yet. Most people with English ancestry are directly related to or even descended from William, so maybe just give it a bit of time for your tree to be fully merged. There's probably a closer connection somewhere. :)

Ben Collett
5/16/2011 at 9:52 PM

my 17th great grandmother is Elizabeth Webb, both of her husbands are also my 17th great grandfathers but one of the (Thomas de Richmond) it comes up as her husband but not my 17th great grandfather.

i have just recently joined Geni but i have been working on my tree with programs and ancestry

i hope thats what you needed, Thanks :)

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion