incorrect parent for step-brother and sister

Started by Elizabeth Boykin on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Martha Johanna
    Geni member
Showing all 6 posts
5/17/2011 at 10:38 AM

On my profile for Martha Sedgwick she is shown on the tree as being married to Kenneth Sedgwick and that they have six shildren. However, two of the children are from a previous marraige to Wilhelm Wahle and they should have their own tree from that union. Martha married Kenneth Sedgwick after divorcing Wilhelm and then they had three children. Also Peter Sedgwick is listed as a child of martha when in fact he is the child of Kenneth and his first wife. I need to fix this so that the correct parents are shown for Angelika, Klaus and peter.

5/18/2011 at 2:56 AM

Elizabeth Boykin, welcome to Geni.
You mean this profile - Martha Johanna I presume?

Would you like me to walk you through the step required to make these corrections? I could do it for you, but you would be better off knowing this yourself.

Shmuel-Aharon Kam,
Geni Curator

5/19/2011 at 7:40 AM

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.Please walk me through it the first time. Thank you .

Private User
5/20/2011 at 12:51 PM

How do we go about walking through this process?

5/23/2011 at 1:20 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding. Your request got lost in the weekend shuffle (I got WAY behind). I see that you already have the children straightened out. You did this by adding another copy of them and then merging? It would have been easier to Edit the Profile, select the Relationships tab, and just change the Parents to the correct pair.

I can't see which Peter you refer to, nor find him in Search. Do you still need help with that?

Private User
5/24/2011 at 7:34 AM

Thanks for the reply. I did manage to figure it out.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion