Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

• Jessie
    Geni member
Showing all 3 posts
5/19/2011 at 9:35 AM

Jessie is the one family member who I wish I had asked more questions. He was not a talker and I even recall as a child being afraid of him becasue I only knew him through others view(hot headed, loud drinker and master mechanic). I was about 16 when Jessie had the job of driving me to Itta Bena, MS. That was the best time ever I had with him. We were confined to the car so he had no escape from the questions of his little sister. I found him to be most interesting, yes he had lead a full life to be "polite" but, he was a caring man. When we spoke about cars the conversation lit up as if two surgons talking about a new surgery . My take on Jessie is that he was defensive because he didnot handle rejection and defensiveness was his protective mechanism. Oh, when the questions got too deep, he let me fire a hand gun in a near by open area. Guns was another subject he was really good in. He spoke well of my our sisters son Anthony. Missunderstood but forever loved because that what families do - love. BJScottLee

Private User
5/19/2011 at 10:39 AM

Hi Betty. You should type your story into Notepad or a PDF file. Save it, then upload it to Jessie's media as a saved document. This way your descendants and relatives will know just how special or the memory of Jessie was to you.

Private User
5/19/2011 at 11:05 AM

You can type in text directly as a new text document attached to a profile. It is also easier to maintain.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion