My sister, my teacher.

Started by Betty (Scott) on Thursday, May 19, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Addell
    Geni member
Showing all 2 posts
5/19/2011 at 9:49 AM

Still as I attempt to gather my thoughts I have to fight back my tears. There are just too many memories to pick any one to share. For those of you who didnot know "Idell" , she was a peace maker. I loved when she would come to Houston to visit during the holidays. Secretly she helped ease one of my greatest regreats. Our mother Julia Williams Scott died before I could afford to participate in any of the simple wants she might have had. My sister never asked me for anything but it was nice to be able to take her shopping, go to dinner, go to the movies, you get the picture. Addell was an exceptional orator. She could give a speach which would make your heart leap with joy or sobb as if you were the subject matter. One of my most found memories are those in which she taught me how to make cornbread from scratch over the telephone. Wow, I thought I would never get that right. ......never will she be forgotten.

Private User
5/19/2011 at 5:01 PM

What a sweet story...you should put it in a document in the media tab on your sister's profile and better yet, add the cornbread recipe so your descendants can have it.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion