a stupid question, but ...

--jMVu-- tarafında başlatıldı, tarih: 19 Mayıs 2011, Perşembe

Katılımcılar:

Bütün mesajları (9) gösteriyor
19/5/2011 at 11:36 ÖS

what is the meaning of the titel of your project? For Head Gardiners can also be gardiners of my head? Do they knitt my hear or my roses? jokeke of course, but i like good interpretation to all languages, for everyone is happy when everone can help eachother with their projects, i think. by for now, jMu.

20/5/2011 at 12:43 ÖÖ

We are working on this - the project grew and we will clarify!

20/5/2011 at 2:24 ÖÖ

it's not that I want to force you to do things in your very own project! It's just ment to help geni making more understandable for not so linguistic people elsewhere in this world. Lots of succes with the progress of your digital book about hortenists and other rose-loving gardeners.... And if I can be of some help, ask and I'll be there. groetjullienu, jMu.

20/5/2011 at 8:24 ÖÖ

Hopefully for the moment the explanation introducing the project does explain how the project came about and what the scope is. We will do something over the weekend.

20/5/2011 at 11:46 ÖS

The project "Gardeners: architects, designers and landscapers" http://www.geni.com/projects/Gardeners-architects-designers-and-lan...
has been created and that category and connected profiles have been moved from "Head Gardeners" to further ease the congestion there.

Previously Botanists and plant collectors were moved to a new project - http://www.geni.com/projects/Botanists-and-Plant-Collectors

Further changes may yet take place!

A Head Gardener was one who was in charge of the gardens at large estates etc. This project, broadly named "Head Gardeners" now encompasses -

*Gardeners, Horticulturists and Nurserymen - those whose occupation would be described as Gardener, Head Gardener, nurseryman etc - the physical act of Gardening

*Commentators and Writers - experts noted for their writing on the subject

*Agriculturists - those concerned with the science or art or business of cultivating the soil

* Those who do not fall into the other categories but were significant in Gardening/Horticulture/Botany etc. are listed at the end of the project, patrons, scholars etc. - these include such people as Linneas and Solander.

June

21/5/2011 at 3:45 ÖÖ

Good work June

21/5/2011 at 5:49 ÖÖ

Thanks Terry!

21/5/2011 at 8:21 ÖÖ

Now i know its about both gardeners and tuin- & landschaps-architecten T.& L.-er-as they are called in our language- I know how I can look around for famous Dutch designers of famous gardens. For instance in Delft, my brother in law has 'explored' -for it was neglected and not to be recognised anymore- a garden of Springer , who was famous at his time for making structures for gardens in a very architectonial way. I myself prefer more natural, but that's just a question of taste.
Next week I'll do some research for your project. In the Netherlands you have two places where nowadays t.& l.-ers are skilled: the Wageningen University and a Hogeschool in Amsterdam.

Leonard Antonij Springer 1855-1940
I did not find a good website about him, next week I'll look further.

groetjenu, jMu.

21/5/2011 at 8:27 ÖÖ

I just added a document about the family Tutein Nolthenius and the garden of Springer, but it's in Dutch, so you have to use a translator, i'm sorry.
by and a very good weekend, jeannette.

Bütün mesajları (9) gösteriyor

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion