• Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
5/21/2011 at 7:01 AM

It will be useful if two additional pieces of information can be added to the tree. This is critical in making sure we can find merges/relationships and also avoid mistakes in them. The following should be added to all your profiles

1. Location. (Critical for ancestors)
2. Date of birth (Even if exact is not known, please put an approximate and click "circa")
3. Date of Death (for deceased profiles)

Private User
5/22/2011 at 1:35 AM

Yeah, agreed. I have been doing this in as many profiles as I am able. Will add location to more profiles now.

Private User
5/23/2011 at 3:06 AM

Pet?Home names are necessary for better ID of the person. Also a number of KPs were well known poets/shayars and had their nom de plume which is not only interesting but helps in the ID as several had similar names-their Sir names were not used in records often. Anchit great work. Any help from me No problem. No answer to my mail 2 days back ??

6/1/2011 at 9:28 PM

For poets etc pet name could be captured in the about me section. These people deserve to be part of the KP project!

Private User
6/2/2011 at 3:08 AM

Quite a few KPs particularily in the old Awadh state were well known 'Shayars" . Right thru the 19th century and early 20th . I can put in their "URF" nom de plumes as this might also help identify persons.A large number were also given titles, some cases heredetary by the Maharajas and later by the British(mainly Sir or Rai bahadur)

6/2/2011 at 3:44 AM

As I had mentioned we ahd given GENI the feedback on the needfor a prefix field. It seems that is going to happen soon. Maybe within weeks

Lets hold on adding the URF till then. I fear putting the URF in the name will lead to it not being searchable. Maybe putting it in the prefix is a workable compromise?

Private User
6/3/2011 at 3:10 AM

Have tried to put in these where available but some have got missed out so will have to scout them out

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion