John Hammond

Started by sandi malburg on Saturday, May 21, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
5/21/2011 at 10:19 PM

HI I am trying to place Stephan Hammond born 1720. Several genealogy books and documents for New England, Rhode Island, and Mass. state he is probably the son of Benjamin Hammond or his brother John and is descended from William Hammond. My great Uncle Oliver Hammond started this search but could not at the time find a definite answer. Does anyone know the answer???

Private User
5/22/2011 at 12:43 AM

I've added some sourcing to the John Hammond (1663-1749) - check it out. Is that photo / portrait correct?

5/23/2011 at 5:37 PM

i am new here...I have a fairly big tree on Ancestry. I haven't yet documented all the ancesters on there, which is what I am trying to do. I am struggling to find a public document for some of the elders. Uncle Ollie (Oliver Hammond son of Simon II, son of simon I, son of Stephen Hammond, son of either Benjamin (which is the tradition) or his brother John) wrote a book, but only published it for the family (probably as he didn't properly cite his sources). In his day there was no proof for the claim to who was the parent of stephen. I could not find your sourcing...the pic is nice, but is new to me as I have just recently considered it a posibility that John is a direct ancestor as so many books on the Hammond family says it was a tradition that Stephen is the son of Benjamin, and have been seeking documentation on this. Benjamin does not list Stephen, nor does John.

5/23/2011 at 5:41 PM

By the way, if I know you tree I can share documentation I have found through Ancestry, Family Search, or other.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion