API for messages?

Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
5/24/2011 at 2:47 AM

Will there come an API for reading and sending messages?

5/24/2011 at 6:03 AM

It's possible but I can't think of a reason why it would be a high priority. How would you use it?

5/24/2011 at 7:50 AM

To connect to Geni without a browser? or at least a browser without Javascript. My relatively simple phone could handle the defunct Forum, but can't get past Geni's login page.

Private User
5/24/2011 at 11:43 AM

I would guess that messages would be an important feature on a phone app.

Anyhow, I have found a smart way of extracting the needed data from regular web pages.

Private User
5/27/2011 at 11:06 AM

An API for discussions would also be useful. Then we could write a search engine for discussions. Just yesterday I started a new thread about something that I know we discussed on the curator board a few months ago but I can't find it because there isn't a way to search :(

Private User
5/27/2011 at 12:52 PM

Daniel, it is possible to extract the data from the regular web pages and we can use that until we get an API interface.

I just tested an implementation of a name-cloud generator where I used a single LINQ statement to build a list containing the names, count and the search link from the http://www.geni.com/search/surname_index page and similar statement can be used to download messages and discussions to be viewed and searched in on your own PC (I have made a user-interface for that already and will use multi-processing to speed up the download).

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion