Dead realatives

Started by Catherine Wegenka on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Patricia
    Geni member
Showing all 7 posts
5/24/2011 at 1:39 PM

who ?what? why ?and when? do dead people get taken off Genie????????? i loved my cousin Patty and please someone remember when im dead to delete me...cathy

Private User
5/24/2011 at 3:58 PM

Catherine, I'm seeking some clarification so I can best direct you to help.

Are you requesting that her account be closed, or available for close family to edit, or marked as deceased, etc.?

5/25/2011 at 5:06 AM

she is deceased.....so the ?s is who tells or changes this on Genie her parents dont own a computer...maybe the one who added her in the first place.......

5/25/2011 at 5:56 AM

The manager of her profile is Elizabeth Laskowski
you can write to her directly or
you can click on the "contact manager" and write her a message

5/25/2011 at 6:08 AM

Catherine, just to nake sure you're aware of this: Your cousin's profile is marked as private. That means that only a small number of Geni users in her family group can see it. If your concern is that private information about her is being released publicly on the Internet, please be assured that it's not. The person who added her is likely another close relative who means no harm. Maybe it's someone you can work with to create a (private) memorial tribute to your cousin or with whom you can share happy memories.

I'm sorry for your loss.

5/25/2011 at 7:39 AM

Catherine Wegenka - I totally empathize with you. What happens is that you can report the profile as deceased. We just had a beloved relative pass away in March. There is an option on the drop down for all profiles that includes report as deceased.

I reported it in late April, asking that either Geni edit the profile as deceased or give management of the profile to our relative's daughter.

In your case, I believe that the manager that Yaacov mentioned can go into the profile directly and edit it. However you should report the profile in case that person is not on Geni frequently.

Ashley - The problem that users experience is receiving birthday announcements about recently deceased relatives. I received one this morning for my deceased relative. That is why someone needs to report the profile to be edited as deceased, because it's hurtful.

Catherine Ann - I am sorry for your loss.

5/28/2011 at 8:01 PM

Not hurtful ----just a question???????? great times and memories of her and all the other deased cousins whos bdays turn up......thanks for info will send email to elizabeth

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion