• Elizabeth Crawford
    Geni member
  • Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts
Elizabeth Crawford
5/26/2011 at 8:58 PM

I am interested in whether Lemuel Crawford settled in Texas, more specifically in East Texas before he went to the Alamo. My grandfather, A.A. Crawford is descended from a family that moved to Texas earlier. eh

5/30/2011 at 5:35 PM

Hey! I'm descended from Lemuel's brother, James Evan Crawford. The farthest East in Texas that I can find Lemuel is when he was married (Jane Gotcher) and had a daughter (Margaret Elizabeth Crawford, married E.H. Timoney) in Lee County. I can't find any other descendants than Margaret. Apparently, Lemuel also had a brother named Merriman Crawford and a sister named Harriet Crawford (married a Higdon), but I'm not sure if they ever moved away from South Carolina.

James Evan C. was born in Kentucky, and his grandson, Evan James C. (lulz), moved to Mississippi at some point. Evan James' son, William Thomas C., married in Arkansas to Cora Kirk, my great-grandmother. My grandmother, Ovie Crawford, was born in Cottonplant, Arkansas, in 1917. Evan James' brother, George Presley C.'s son and Will-Tom's cousin, James Ernest (again, ha ha), married Cora after Will-Tom died of pneumonia in 1920. The youngest son of Cora is Kenneth Crawford, born in 1924.

5/30/2011 at 5:39 PM

Pretty sure all of my great-grandmother's kids stayed in Arkansas. I'm not sure if I know an A.A. Crawford, though, so you MIGHT be able to just ignore that last paragraph, unless you feel you might recognize some names.

Hope something I said was helpful! >_<

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion