BENJAMIN SCHAFLER

Started by ELIEL JOSEPH SCHAFLER on Thursday, May 26, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Benjamin
    Geni member
Showing all 5 posts
5/26/2011 at 11:23 PM

THE PHOTO IS OUR GRANDFATHER TAKEN CIRCA 1920? IN NEW YORK BORN IN THE AUSTRIA HUNGARIA ANSERVED IN
THE ARMMY DURING WORLD WAR 1 ACCORDING TO WHAT MY FATHER TOLD ME IS THAT HE WAS MADE AN OFFICER OF
A JEWISH AND GYPSY UNIT. HIS UNIT WAS HIT BY A BOMBARDMENT WHILE CROSSING A BRIDGE THE BRIDGE COLLAPSED
AND EVERBODY DROWNED EXCEPT HIM DESPITE NOT KNOWINING HOW TO SWIM.
HE CLAIMES THAT HE WAS SAVED BECAUSE OF A SPECIAL BRACHA HE GOT FROM THE VIZNIZER REBBE.
AS A CHILD HE AND HIS WIFE - MY GRANDMOTHER USED TO TAKE US TO THE BEACH AT CONNIE ISLAND
IN NEW YORK BUT NEVER CAME CLOSE TO THE WATER BUT WOULD WATCH US FROM THE BOARDWALK
AS HE WAS AFRAID OF THE WATER.
MY PARENTS OR MY GRANDMOTHER WOULD COME IN THE WATER WITH US MY YOUNGEST BROTHER PERRY
IS NAMED AFTER HIM

5/27/2011 at 1:30 AM

Shalom Eliel,
This is Public discussion. maybe you wanted to post it only to your family.

5/28/2011 at 2:28 PM

SORRY I AM NEW TO THIS PROGRAM MY MISTAKE IF YOU COULD TELL ME HOW TO ADD IT TO MY FAMILY I WILL TRY TO REMEDY IT
MANY THANKKS

ELIEL

5/28/2011 at 2:33 PM

No need to be Sorry. It happens to many new users.
Welcome!!!
when you start a new discussion, make sure to mark "only my family group" and not "anyone" on the option "who can view this discussion"
If you wand - you can delete the first post by clicking on the "delete" under the time and date on the message above.

5/28/2011 at 2:57 PM

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion