Help. I've merged with Johathan Paracy

Started by Private User on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
5/28/2011 at 6:21 PM

This is profile is at the head of what looks like a bit of a mess now attached to my tree.

http://www.geni.com/people/John-%D2%9C%D2%9C%D2%B4%D2%AC%D3%A8%D3%A...

How do I fix it?

I was trying to make my tree make sense again after a few merges seemed to lose my line back to my MacDonald ancestors. I'd been putting some of the info back in but decided to take a short cut and merge my Archibald MacDonald profile with an Archibald Cleirach MacDonald profile. I think this is what caused the problem. So what were MacDonald great grandparents are now things like 5th cousins 16 times removed.

It may take a time to sort this out and I'm not sure it's possible, given Johathan and others have added locked profiles that don't seem to fit and that I can't edit.

Hoping someone can help me to sort it out at least in part.

If Johnathan Paracy is creating such problems for the rest of us, why has he not been removed from Geni.com? Is he a young person who perhaps was doing this for a school exercise and became bored, or is what he is doing deliberately malicious? Does anyone know anything about who he is?

cheers, Jan

Private User
5/28/2011 at 6:26 PM

What do grey lines mean? Do they not show up on the "relationships" section, hence I can't remove them?

5/29/2011 at 7:25 AM

Private User,
can you post an example of which profiles you are seeing grey lines attached to? Regarding "locked profiles", if these are historical people (born before around 1850), then we Curators can make them unlocked (i.e. public) for you. Just post a link to a profile that they are attached to or near, in the following discussion and we'll fix it ASAP:
http://www.geni.com/discussions/6000000009835758162

Private User
5/31/2011 at 7:48 PM

Thanks. I won't have time in the next few days but when I do I will locate that part of the tree and post a link to a profile attached to these.

Cheers, Jan

Private User
6/1/2011 at 4:46 AM

Private User

I just checked on the profile you posted at the top of this discussion and a curator already took care of it.

Hope that helps pretty up your tree.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion