Captain Jean Lafitte

Started by Michael Sortomme on Saturday, May 28, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
5/28/2011 at 9:12 PM

Oh totally cool! Maybe we need to just create new public profile tree for Jean Lafitte built off from your own tree? Let me know how I can help on it -- but I suggest you do it that way, make sure it's public, and I'll make sure it's the Master Profile and added to the Pirates project.

I love pirates and privateers so if you're into this I would adore the help. In fact I think I'm going to work on some female Irish pirates tonight.

Private User
5/28/2011 at 9:16 PM

Michael Sortomme

Can you throw me a link for the Jean Lafitte geni profile? After looking at the Wiki article, I am totally psyched and ready to rock this out.

Private User
5/29/2011 at 2:20 AM

Michael

Honestly? I wouldn't bother with those private profiles. Maybe just see what you can from the "search" window for clues.

Just build out your *own* tree as much as possible, make *your* Jean Lafitte public, make sure he's connected, and then we can go from there.

If there are some gaps to solid up, the way I would approach that is to make "connecting profiles" with approx dates where we need to further verify. But we want to trace the tree outward from you to the Pirate; then we can work on filling in holes.

Private User
6/1/2011 at 12:05 AM

Women were so poorly documented too. Question: are you OK with the paternal line of descent, even if the maternal is not firmed up?

Also another approach is to build out Jean Lafitte tree from him on out, just because he's a Kool Kat. (In other words, a "standalone" branch.) I can start his own tree for you if you give me a good source to copy from. Then if he connects up with your own tree -- awesome. But if he doesn't -- hey, we did a good deed.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion