Other Children Sired by Heinrich?

Started by Jan Goss on Thursday, June 2, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
6/2/2011 at 8:45 PM

I am a third great grandson of Anne Workman Goss (1776-1854). This Anne married Ephraim Goss (1766-1833) in Rowan Co., NC in1795. They moved to Indiana Territory in the fall of 1810. Could Rev. Heinrich be her daddy? Or, if not, could she be otherwise related?

6/6/2011 at 6:41 PM

It's very possible. I am having a lot of trouble finding information about Heinrich Wortman. I have a cousin who has done a lot of this research. I can get in touch with him and see if he knows anything about the other children.

6/7/2011 at 4:25 PM

Tammy, the male Goss line is pretty well defined. I am increasing my focus on early Goss Women: Betsy Richards (Fred Sr. b 1701 wife), Isabella Rickard (wife of Frederick, Jr. 2nd generation b abt 1722), Sarah Elston (wife of Fred 3rd generation also called Jr. b 1766 ) & Annie Workman (wife of Ephraim b 1770, 3rd gen son of Fred Jr.). When I say 2nd or 3rd generation, I am not counting grandfather Jacob b 1667 as Goss researchers traditionally call Frederick Gass b 1701 the First Gass/Goss in America (of our line thus not counting Irish or English Gasses & Gosses). So right now let us focus on Annie Workman. I would welcome any information you have on Heinrich/Henry Wortman/Wertman/Workman or any of his children. Best, Jan C.

8/4/2011 at 6:52 PM

Hi Jan! I have just received some new information from my cousin Tony about Heinrich Wortman/Wartmann. He was a Lutheran minister in Pennsylvania and I have copies of the book where this is listed in a .pdf file. If you will send me your email address, I can forward the .pdf file to you.

8/9/2011 at 7:47 AM

Thanks, Tammy.
I have come across some info suggesting that while he stands out as educated minister, he was not so well liked by some Lutheran congregations that he served. He may have arrived in 1752 and stayed first in PA then NC and moved about a bit. I am exploring the idea that Annie Workman may have been either his daughter or granddaughter.
An email that reaches me is: JCBossGoss@gmail.com

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion